How to mate Evo boots to Fusion drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So supposedly the Evo 4 boots I just picked up will semi permanently mate to my fusion drysuit, the same way the fusion boots do. Inside the boot, I'm noticing what looks like a strip of the fuzzy side of Velcro that runs down the rear of the boot and up the inside of the toe. This matches the same strip of Velcro I see in the same locations on my drysuit's sock, so logically, they should mate up. Both Velcro strips are of the fuzzy variety though, all loops, no hooks. Has anyone gotten this to work successfully? And if so, how?

I'm not sure if you'd really want to do that even if possible. You'll definitely want to remove boots for drying, and every once in a while, I'll end up with pebbles in the boot from shore diving. Easy removal of the boot is a good thing and I can't imagine having them attached to the suit.

I'm not sure if you'd really want to do that even if possible. You'll definitely want to remove boots for drying, and every once in a while, I'll end up with pebbles in the boot from shore diving. Easy removal of the boot is a good thing and I can't imagine having them attached to the suit.
From what I gather, it would be easy enough to remove them if you wanted to, just by undoing the velcro. As far as drying, that's actually one of the appeals of attaching the boots for me. I like the idea of hanging the suit upside down by the boots for easy drying that keeps the stress off the zipper.

I found that neoprene boots work best, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom