How to keep the non-diver wife happy while I’m diving…???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Wife doesn't dive. Not because she doesn't want to, she has medical problems. Last May we went on a cruise, just us. Bless her heart, she encouraged me to do an intro dive, because she knew that I have always wanted to try. I got hooked and certified in late June. We went to Pensacola, FL in early July and I did the morning diving, afternoon with her, and moning with her, diving in afteroon. Worked out well except for the one time I was late getting back. Did some snorkling with her (i don't like to snorkle), spent some time on he beach (I don't like dry sand) and shoped. In May we and most of her family, 14 to 16 people in all are going to do s western carribian cruise, includung Cosumel and Belize. Hope to be able to dive a lot. She'll have plenty of company to be with then.

My Mum and Dad been married 30 or so years he dive she doesn't we have been to every dead boring place for non divers but very cool place for divers ever since i starting diving as a wee lass for family hols, my Mum read a lot....she sunbaked a lot. She loved it he loved it, I loved it, my brothers loved it...My mother always said your happiness and entertainment shouldn't be wrapped up in someone else, make your own - yours is diving, let her choose the hotel with the facilities that will entertain and meet/suit her needs. Just make sure it is near or has a good dive shop for you.

Edited to add

My partner loves diving but has recently taken up Kite Surfing and loves it so we on weekends and holidays tend to go with in the mornings i dive and he minds our Two yeaar old, then in the afternoon when the wind is up he kites - happy days, occasionally we dive together just for kicks.

Back
Top Bottom