How to: Install Dry Gloves in 5 minutes! (Picture Heavy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what you mean as far as the pre-made ones off e-bay but dry gloves are worth $100 - easy.

Many out there are good. I have used the ringless ones mentioned above and prefer them, but got tired of dropping over a hundred bucks ever time the latex went bad. I moved to rings. First were the old style Viking rings and currently the Viking Bayonet style. Aside from the fact that I don't really "dig" the rings getting in the way all the time (although you get used to it) I really do like the Bayonet rings. Never had a leak and their very easy to put on.

Good luck,

Hunter

Hello everyone,New guy here to the site,Dont know what took me so long to find it! I just bought a bare supra drysuit that has cuff rings built in,So do i just use the gloves with the insert that comes with the suit or how do i make this work? I understand the other way with latex seals. but just looking for some info on how i can make it work with these cuff's. Thanks for any info

I am pretty sure the Bare system is actually SI system, would have to see what you have to be sure, but if you ask @ your LDS they should be able to help, or look at pics online. Kinda hard to answer without seeing exactly what you have :)

I'm a complete moron. I bought the si-tech version from Dive Right in Scuba which works similarly. Had no trouble getting the rings in the gloves but have had zero success getting them into the wrist seal. I've tried doing so from both sides - sleeve and wrist - and I've tried each of the different sized (colors) rings. No luck getting the ring to "stand up" in the seal no matter what I do. Spoke with Dive Right In and they said there's no magic - you just have to force them in. Makes perfect sense but doesn't work for me at all. LDS doesn't believe in dry gloves (!) so they're no help. I finally just gave up and wore wet gloves throughout the winter down to 34F. Tolerable for dives under 40 mins but not at all pleasant - the ache from the cold is distracting. Anyway, these pics have made me wanna try again so thx for the motivation!

Those 660 gloves are cheap a$$ things and to me aren't worth carrying home. I've used a bunch of them and invariably they leak. I tested several brand new ones, and several had pin holes right out of the box. Then again, they cost less than 3 bucks a pair.

Here are the ones I use. They're a bit more money, but they are very durable. Go2marine has them for 13.96 a pair with a liner. Toss the liner if you don't want it, but it works for me.

Atlas Glove, Cold Resistant, Insulated PVC, Removable Liner, 495

The OP is correct, do not even look at the instructions that came with these. They will just confuse you. Took all of 5 minutes using the instructions.

How do you vent or equalize the air trapped between the wrist seals and the gloves? I read somewhere to use surgical tubing. How would you install this?

Thanks

I just got some si-techs today and those gloves randy showed sure look the same.. I got the extra large which fit my fingers length wise-- but seem to be a bit big width/volume wise.. Anyone know if the large have the same finger length that the xl has-- just less hand volume?

I read somewhere to use surgical tubing. How would you install this?

Thanks
Just slide it under the seal between your glove and wrist. In the unlikely event that you flood a glove, pull the glove off and remove the tubing to prevent a (slow) suit flood.

-B

Back
Top Bottom