How to break a window underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-A-holic beat me to it! This profiles as a Stolen Dumped Car. The vent window is a RED FLAG to a patrol officer that the car is stolen when we see it roll by.

You may find nothing other than a stolen car in the bottom of a lake.... OR YOU might find a car with that MISSING girl in the trunk (or what is left of her).

Definetley contact Local law enforcement. If they do not have a recovery team... You might be able to Officially help them out with some of their $$ to cover your cost.

The whole thing could lead to a interesting relationship.. if you like diving on wrecked cars with bodies inside that is.

PS- The VIN number /tag idea is a good one.

Thanks for all the ideas. Ill get the VIN if I can find it and there are no license plates on the vehicle. Trust me, its been there for at least five years and most likely a stolen vehicle. If I come across something worthy of reporting I will, sounds like you have all been watching too much CSI, LOL! Thanks again for the insight.

Orlando Eric:
Dive-A-holic beat me to it! This profiles as a Stolen Dumped Car. The vent window is a RED FLAG to a patrol officer that the car is stolen when we see it roll by...
And a bank bag. Maybe a stolen car used in a bank robery... Now I'm just curious.

Use that crowbar to let that person out of the trunk.

The VIN will be on the driver's side bottom of the windshield. You may not be able to see it, though, if there's a lot of silt around it.

iamsharkbait:
...sounds like you have all been watching too much CSI, LOL!

I found a stolen car in the past. It had only been submerged a couple of weeks. I was also a cop back in the early 90s. I still think like one on occasion. :D

Thought I might update everyone and let them know the spark plug idea worked good and there was nothing in the trunk. Still, the anticipation of what could be was exhilarating. The vehicle is upside down with the windshield buried in the mud, so the VIN was impossible to retrieve. Is there any other places besides maybe the doors(rusted shut) that would house the VIN number?

It's also etched on the frame, easily accessible since it's upside down :D , but you might be searching a while. You may want to call local law enforcement and just provide them with the model make and approximate year (look on the tail light lenses, they have raised letters and numbers on them, one set of numbers will be the year of the lens, the year of the car is usually within a couple years of that). LE should be able to look over their files by make and model and determine whether they want to pursue getting this thing out. The insurance company that paid on it will definitely want it out, though. When they can recover vehicles they paid out on, they can clear out their books.

Back
Top Bottom