How to beat DandyDon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way to build up your total posts and likes is to become a regular member of the Pub. Many threads are like chat rooms there, with flurries of short posts. If you post something strongly political, everyone who agrees with you will like your post. Almost all the top people on ScubaBoard in terms of both total posts and total likes are regular members of the Pub, and most of them rarely post in the suba-related forums.
Pub likes are only worth about 2% of a real post like, though.

@boulderjohn. Damn, you just ruined my mental vision of you super posters. Now I am traumatized! I guess I'll just have to go to a real pub, AKA the neighborhood bar, for a pint to get over my disillusion.
Over the years, I have participated briefly in the Pub from time to time, but only briefly, and my political views are not among those that get the flurry of likes. I mostly stay away from there.

Wait a minute. Under "Members" it puts Wayward Son on top with over 68,000. Is that not correct?
I can see how frequent Pub posters can rack up a big post count. I've been on SB since late 2007 and have over 10,000. I thought that was a lot. And, I'm usually on more than once daily..being retired. So I don't know how some people have made so many more than me.

Wait a minute. Under "Members" it puts Wayward Son on top with over 68,000. Is that not correct?
I can see how frequent Pub posters can rack up a big post count. I've been on SB since late 2007 and have over 10,000. I thought that was a lot. And, I'm usually on more than once daily..being retired. So I don't know how some people have made so many more than me.

Never heard or seen his post. Obviously I’m not a Pubber. Tried it once & left. Not for me.

He’s also on other community forums than the Pub, too.

I had a lovely safe and fun dive last weekend in Colpoys Bay, Ontario. Viz is still good, water temp 42F.

bill,

I can make your post count anything you'd like..

j/k though because I won't.

Wayward boosts his count by posting countless memes. He doesn't even have to type ONE WORD!! Those shouldn't count! LOLOL!!!

Pub likes are only worth about 2% of a real post like, though.
#pub likes matter

...speaking of the pub. Might I suggest a change of venue?

I've had a few more dives without accident this week... Unless my buddy trying 45° water in half a farmer John 7mm wetsuit and his also forgotten hood. Watching the bib style coverall wetsuit fill with water my grin floored my mask.

...or was it flooded with tears of joy to be back in my home waters after a winter in the Caribbean?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom