How to apply for a marine park pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I try to get to the CONANP website I get this warning.

upload_2019-11-3_10-7-30.png

Any suggestions?

When I try to get to the CONANP website I get this warning.

View attachment 548307
Any suggestions?

I’ve seen that on a few websites here, not sure what it’s all about.

If you have an iPhone, there is an app - not sure on Android

Their certificate expired on 1-Nov. Good that the browser is giving a warning, but not likely to be a tremendous security risk.

upload_2019-11-5_11-54-30.png

So after emails to two different help addresses and an attempt to call a guyat conap in MX city, Parque Marine in Coz was able to get me the email for a specific guy. He answered and said there was a problem with my pictures and to send them to him. So I did. Slowly getting somewhere....

The website is no longer being blocked. I guess the certificate is now up to date and the site is secure.

Remember, the passport is only good for the calendar year. If you are going in 2020, wait until January to apply.

I don't think they mail you a copy. You should print a copy for the dive operator. Reduce and laminate a copy to carry with you on the boat.

Jim

Woohoo!! The awesome Alberto Fernandez at CONAP in DF fixed my issues and BOOM, we got Pasaportes

Remember, the passport is only good for the calendar year. If you are going in 2020, wait until January to apply.

Actually, no. Mine is good for a year from the time I paid for it. October of 2020.

I don't think they mail you a copy. You should print a copy for the dive operator. Reduce and laminate a copy to carry with you on the boat.
Jim

They don't. You can just keep a copy on your phone or just open it in the app too.

Woohoo!! The awesome Alberto Fernandez at CONAP in DF fixed my issues and BOOM, we got Pasaportes

Actually, no. Mine is good for a year from the time I paid for it. October of 2020.

They don't. You can just keep a copy on your phone or just open it in the app too.

CV,

I'm a little worried as the passport has 2019 stamped in big letters in two places. It does have the issue date but nowhere does it say it is good until one year later.

I'm certain I'll get resistance when I present the document to the dive shop.

Since I do not own a smart phone (gasp!) I'll need hard copy.

Jim

CV,

I'm a little worried as the passport has 2019 stamped in big letters in two places. It does have the issue date but nowhere does it say it is good until one year later.

I'm certain I'll get resistance when I present the document to the dive shop.

Since I do not own a smart phone (gasp!) I'll need hard copy.

Jim

You sure you are reading that right? Our do not have an issue date, only a validity date:

upload_2019-11-12_8-34-10.png

Sorry to update an old thread. I paid for my yearly marine parks passport through https://pasaportedelaconservacion.conanp.gob.mx and it appeared to be processed instantly. It is now 1600 pesos ($83 USD) but still worth it for me.

I recall this was a bit of a new thing a few years ago. Are dive shops in Cozumel now honoring the year passes or still forcing bracelets?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom