How to answer "what is your highest certification level"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it’s funny because @Peter Guy was refused Nitrox, so he asked to make a Trimix fill (He + O2 + N2) but without He so it would be technically a Nitrox fill but they still denied him.

A while back, I had to email my certifications when booking NITROX dives in advance. I sent my trimix card and they wouldn't accept it.

That's an insult to inexperienced staff.

@Peter Guy experienced the same thing. He asked for trimix without the helium. LOL. They still said no.

:D Maybe is the gray hair, but I only get the question; When was the last time you dived? Or occasionally the; What is your certified level?

I have a zip-up notebook, which contains my cert. cards, my DAN card, my Medical Insurance Card, my log book, pens, readers and my dive computer charger cable. It always goes with me, so I always have them.

A while back, I had to email my certifications when booking NITROX dives in advance. I sent my trimix card and they wouldn't accept it.
:banghead:

Certification? What's that?

I have a zip-up notebook, which contains my cert. cards, my DAN card, my Medical Insurance Card, my log book, pens, readers and my dive computer charger cable. It always goes with me, so I always have them.
I have the same thing (maybe the same brand?), but it always stays home and away from getting wet. I bring pen & paper to write down my dive profile and take my DM card if I'm going on a charter (but that, along with my wallet, stays in the car). I tip the DM before we leave dock.

That's crazy, to my knowledge nitrox is a prerequisite for trimix; must have been inexperienced staff.

I have a similar experience.

I took an IANTD course that was called "advanced recreational trimix". We used nitrox 50 for decompression as was mentioned online in the course description. The certification card, however, did not mention this EAN50.

Next I wanted to attend a TDI normoxic trimix course (because it was very cheap and barely affordable). A requirement for the course was that one is certified to use X% oxygen. My certification card from IANTD did not mention oxygen at all (although it was used during the course in high concentration and it was mentioned in the course description). The TDI instructor said I would have to pay for TDI courses X and Y because my cert cards do not mention O2. I told him it's told online. He refused to read these documents. I found a better instructor.

I have a similar experience.

I took an IANTD course that was called "advanced recreational trimix". We used nitrox 50 for decompression as was mentioned online in the course description. The certification card, however, did not mention this EAN50.

Next I wanted to attend a TDI normoxic trimix course (because it was very cheap and barely affordable). A requirement for the course was that one is certified to use X% oxygen. My certification card from IANTD did not mention oxygen at all (although it was used during the course in high concentration and it was mentioned in the course description). The TDI instructor said I would have to pay for TDI courses X and Y because my cert cards do not mention O2. I told him it's told online. He refused to read these documents. I found a better instructor.
Glad you got it worked out, to bad you had that experience though.

Back
Top Bottom