How to add octo to ScubaPro Mk16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farrun100

Registered
Reaction score
I have a ScubaPro Mk16 and just got a R390 octo that I want to put on it. The Scubapro manual is about useless in determining which ports are IP and which are HP but I would guess that the port just below the main 2nd stage is a LP port. The problem I am having is that it is a tight file with the rubber protectors. It does not allow you to screw in the octo by rotating the entire assemble...thus my questions.

1. Can this boot be moved down easily?
2. If not, trying to turn the nut seem to resist and want to turn the entire hose.

I don't want to use any force until I understand the correct way to add the octo.

Is there anyone familiar with this?

Thanks,

Bob:06:

The HP ports are labeled HP on the side of the reg. They are also a different thread size. If the hose protectors are in the way pull it back down the hose, put the hose on the reg, then slide it back one.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Just did not want to force it until I know that it can be moved down.

Bob

The nut on the first stage end of the hose should turn the hose as the fitting is crimped onto the end of the hose.

Although adding an octo to a 1st stage is hardly rocket science, you might want to watch someone assemble/disassemble a reg before doing it yourself. If you want to just do it, that's fine too. A quick tip, it's easier to mess with regs when they're on a tank, that way you can line up the threads on the 1st stage and spin the whole hose to screw it in. (I hope that made senses)

Good luck!

Rachel

The biggest mistake people make is over torquing the fittings. Remember, these are tiny brass threads... so don't put a 3 foot breaker bar on it when tightening the hoses. You spin the hose until it is as tight as you get get by hand, then put on your crescent wrench, and just a tweak. Probably less that Noon - 1:00 on a clock. You just want it tight enough so it will not back out on its own. It's not the tightening that makes it air tight... it's the o-ring.

Back
Top Bottom