How stupid do i feel.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got the final package from Yuzo to complete my rig.....

Bolted it all together, went to screw the tray down and realised i'd been a bit ham fisted when mounting the housing on my previous Ikelite tray - I've managed to totally warp the tray mount of my housing........OH NO!!! ;-0

Could you 'splain just a bit more? What warped? Are you talking about the metal plate the mount screw goesnto? Damn! Do enough of the threads grip to hold it secure?

Ever thought of some big rubber bands? :eek:ut:

yep, that's the bit....a picture tells a thousand words.....

bentmount.jpg

My initial thoughts were that the 4 small retaining screws may have also been ripped out of their threads, but thankfully, I've just managed to undo them and bash the mount flat again, and they seemed to screw back in and tighten, so fingers crossed!!

Here a pic of the (almost) finished setup.

rig2.jpg

Thanks for the rubber band idea too :D

Oh, the main tripod sockets threads were fine, just the mounting plate was banana shaped so it rocked sided to side and rotated on the fisheye tray.

All right, what is the total cost for your setup?

Caymaniac:boom:

Nice looking rig! I just looked at mine and was going to suggest removing and smashing it! :wink:

i totalled it at £2,100 not including courier and postage costs, which probably totalled another £150, BUT that was sourcing the bits from all over the place - Strobes from New York, ULCS bits and Fisheye from Japan, etc.

Quite a bit I suppose, but I felt better when I saw how much it would have cost if I'd bought everything from the UK - £3,300!!

Plus I have to thank the board and notably ReyeR for the help and advice, cheers guys :wink:

I guess you went for the "Shark attack defensive system"...smack that thing into the snout of the Great White that tries to eat you whole and get a good picture of it's teeth at the same time...nice!!! Does that setup come with it's own C--Card? :confused: You know I'm being sarcastic because of the intense jealousy I'm experiencing...;-0

Very nice set up, now I feel so inadequate with my one DS125 strobe:(
I wonder about the handle bar on top of the housing. It looks like a convenient place to hold the setup but does that get in the way of viewing the LCD screen on top of the camera?

That setup looks familiar, we're (almost) identical twins now :D ! I see you haven't got to the interesting part of mounting the sensors yet. Thanks to you I dug out one of the tubes from the Ikelite arm set - I'd forgotten they were 19mm, and cut it up and mounted it on the tray - it's perfect now. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.
So which sensors did you end up with ?

Back
Top Bottom