How stupid do i feel.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've kind of started thinking about those. In the picture of the rig, you can see the screws dangling down next to the hand grips in preparation for mounting the tubes. That'll be a job for the weekend, once I've got my mitts on a hacksaw. It'll probably be better to drill the two mounting holes and then cut the tube down.

I don't think the top handle will get in the way, there's a 3" gap between the housing and the handle, so it should be ok.

My only fear is that the screws won't be able to be tightened too much, coz the pressure of the screws tightening might begin to squash the hollow tubes, so I might have to use a little threadlock and just tighten them enough to stop them flapping about.

I went down the TTL and Manual controller route. I was hoping to get plenty of practice in, topside, but the rig weighs a ton, so I might have arms like Arni by time I'm ready to get it in the water!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom