How should I mount my pony to my main tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I plan on buying a 19cf pony in the near future for a redundant air supply, I know I want it to be mounted on my tank, but I have found about 10 different brackets to mount it with.

I always and probably for the next few years will be using rental al80's so it cant be anything permanent on the main tank.

What kind of mount does everyone else on here use? And what is it that you like about the mount you use? So far I was thinking about the "X-mount" anyone use thins?

I used an x-bracket to attach an LP Al 14 (Argon bottle) to doubles. It worked well enough but I no longer use the x-bracket. If you decide to go that route, let me know and I'll sell to you the x-bracket.

I use the X for mounting my 19cf pony. Works great. If it were me I'd think about contacting Green Manelishi ASAP.

Sea ya!

Green sells really cool buckles too. :)

Green_Manelishi:
I used an x-bracket to attach an LP Al 14 (Argon bottle) to doubles. It worked well enough but I no longer use the x-bracket. If you decide to go that route, let me know and I'll sell to you the x-bracket.

Is the bracket the same for the 19 and the 14? Let me know how much you want for it if it will fit.

I have a AL 19 pony I've been using for a couple of years. I use the Aqua Explorer Ultimate Pony Bracket to mount it. I have mine mounted so that the valve is down, I find it easier to manage this way.

i just bought four stainless hose clamps and a flat piece of aluminum... attaches in a minute and extremely secure. can attach the bottle in the middle, too, so i stay balanced. octo hose is long enough to reach around and attach where i want it. can e-mail anyone a picture if they're interested...

i had a soft bag that attached to the tank strap, but it was difficult to install firmly and moved a lot out of the water. the clamps are firmly attached! doesn't look funky, either!

--c

Being a newb to the sport, only 11 dives so far and 3 of those with my pony. I'm using the X-bracket also. At first it was a pain to get use to strapping it on, but once you get the hang of it it's easy as hell. And locks in very securely which is the reason I wanted it in the 1st place.

Back
Top Bottom