How should a semi dry fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eldie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is it normal for a semi dry to leave red marks on arms and legs where the seals and stitches are? Or is that an indication that the suit might be too small though breathing is not constricted?

It shouldn't be overly tight. Are you able to reach back and touch your shoulder blades and and not feel restricted with movement? I always try the next size up before purchasing.

It shouldn't be overly tight. Are you able to reach back and touch your shoulder blades and and not feel restricted with movement? I always try the next size up before purchasing.
Yes my husband is able to touch his feet and shoulder blades but he said the seals and stitches feel uncomfortably tight. This would be his first wetsuit and he has no idea how it supposed to fit. He tried the next size up while it fits much better around the legs and arms there was quite a bit of space behind his back. Maybe he just needs to try a different one so he can compare the fit.

Has he been in the water with it yet?

If not, here are 2 things to note:

1. The suit mig by relax a bit once wet.

2. A well sealed semi-dry can result in some suit squeeze while diving.

Fit is everything so try different brands/models…the suit should comfortably hug the body all around when correctly fit.

-Z

Is it normal for a semi dry to leave red marks on arms and legs where the seals and stitches are?

It can be frustrating trying on brand new suits; like you suggested, try a few different brands. Sometimes there is a mark where the seals and stitches sit on your arms and legs. Check for similar threads. Otherwise, wait for more qualified opinions.

Mine leave marks and with two 5mm layers of neoprene around the torso I can barely scratch my......a nose

Has he been in the water with it yet?

If not, here are 2 things to note:

1. The suit mig by relax a bit once wet.

2. A well sealed semi-dry can result in some suit squeeze while diving.

Fit is everything so try different brands/models…the suit should comfortably hug the body all around when correctly fit.

-Z
Unfortunately we don’t have access to a pool where we can test our gear. We’re both new divers and not familiar with suit squeeze but will look that up! Thanks for the info!

We’re both new divers and not familiar with suit squeeze but will look that up!
Wetsuit squeeze usually happens when diving deep with a 7mm. I have only experienced it once. Try wearing a rash guard or 1 mm vest to take up the slack in the wetsuit.

Never heard of suit squeeze in w wetsuit.....

You should wrestle it on and compression should relax it by 40 feet. (Soap it up)

Tight = Warm.

If its intolerable after a few dives its too small but marks are pretty normal.

Yes my husband is able to touch his feet and shoulder blades but he said the seals and stitches feel uncomfortably tight. This would be his first wetsuit and he has no idea how it supposed to fit. He tried the next size up while it fits much better around the legs and arms there was quite a bit of space behind his back. Maybe he just needs to try a different one so he can compare the fit.
I think behind the small of the back some looseness is expected - an assistant should be able to clench the material by closing a fist.

Back
Top Bottom