How picky is PADI on pictures for C-cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I have a dive picture from my trip to the Channel Islands that I might be able to use, but it doesn't show my full head since I have a hooded vest on underneath my wetsuit....would this be acceptable to PADI for the pictures you have to send in to put on the C-card?

Attachments

• timonspectre.jpg
    timonspectre.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 286
you could always say that diving is a religion to you and thats why the wetsuit and hood has to stay :wink:

I submitted a photo once wearing a hood, PADI used a different photo they had on file for me.

I remember when we did not have pictures on c-cards. I have had them kick them back for wearing a mask or taken underwater.

The idea is that someone could look at the picture and determine it's you. It's not a glamour shot. It's supposed to be similar to a passport photo. Just head and shoulders. I usually take the pic's of my students up against a wall.

The pic in question is just a snapshot and cropped and printed on a c-card it's would to be terrible.

DM

They wont accept that photo.

They can be fairly picky. We had some rejected due to the students having a parrot on their shoulder.
Its not worth wasting time over - just get a normal passport size photo from any supermarket machine.

Here's what the manual says:

PADI Manual:
Include a 4.5 cm x 5.7 cm/13/4’’ x 21/4’’ clear, head and shoulders photo
of diver. Because cards are used as positive identification, sunglasses,
photogray lenses, hats and underwater shots are unacceptable. Avoid beige,
yellow, or tan backgrounds. Write the diver’s name on the back of the photo.

They will use just about any photo of you - as long as no sunglasses or hats/hoods on. I had a student that made a rather ridiculous face when the shot was taken and it was used - but he had no sunglasses or hat. I would say No on the hood look.. Just go to Costco - $5 for 2 photos.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom