How picky is PADI on pictures for C-cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my C cards have the same incredibly blurry, almost not even discernible picture from when I did my OW cert. I've since submitted a nice new, clear pic for other certs and they continue to use the old one. :shrug

Well, then I'm glad I asked before I went and wasted money getting some photos printed at Kinko's. I know you can do passport photos at places, but why do that when you can size it to the approximate width x height that they want, have Kinko's print it on glossy photo paper and just cut around the photo with scissors? It's cheaper and it works. But thanks for the heads up guys.

As long as the photo doesn't show you wearing sun glasses or a hat you can use a snapshot. I take photos of my students and they aren't always quite the right size (smaller) and they don't seem to care about that.

My LDS took it with a digital camera and uploaded it directly, I believe.

If they're a padi registered resort (ie pay padi some money) they can use PIC online and do it this way. That option isn't available to non resorts or private instructors though.
...and they can still reject photos done that way if they don't conform.

Wal Mart's online photo printing service has a ID photo option. You can take your own digital picture, upload it to Wal Mart, order the photo ID option and get exactly what you need for just peanuts.

Or........If you have an ink jet printer and a way to resize photos you can also do your own without Wal Mart. We did....twice.

Or........If you have an ink jet printer and a way to resize photos you can also do your own without Wal Mart. We did....twice.

This is the way I've done mine.....take a pic, crop head/shoulders, size to 1.75x2.25 and print on photo paper....perfectly good enough for PADI.....

Once you have a PADI cert, for any new ones you can just say "use picture on file" and they'll use the one they already have. I've done this without issue also.

This is the way I've done mine.....take a pic, crop head/shoulders, size to 1.75x2.25 and print on photo paper....perfectly good enough for PADI.....

Once you have a PADI cert, for any new ones you can just say "use picture on file" and they'll use the one they already have. I've done this without issue also.

The "use photo on file" only worked for me for certifications taken during the same calendar year.

I thought PADI required a "head shot", no more than head and shoulders, preferably a passport photo. When my wife got certified a few years ago, before I had a digital camera, she went to Walgreens and had them do a passport photo.

My original was taken with a polaroid camera, then I lost my first card just a year after getting it. I took the replacement photo at one of those photo booths they have at arcades, it's still the card I have today.

PADI didn't have the "credit card" id's like they do now, mine is made of paper and has been laminated so many times it's not funny. You can hardly read my cert.# off the thing anymore. I just can't bring myself to pay $30 for a new card, I think a replacement card should be 1/2 that price.

They wont accept that photo.

They can be fairly picky. We had some rejected due to the students having a parrot on their shoulder.
Its not worth wasting time over - just get a normal passport size photo from any supermarket machine.

maybe they did not know who is the student and who the parrot?:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom