How old were you when you started diving?

How old were you when you started diving?

• Less than 20

Votes: 94 27.8%
  • 20-29

Votes: 75 22.2%
  • 30-39

Votes: 60 17.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 69 20.4%
  • 50-59

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One cool thing about getting certified in my early 40s is that we can now afford to travel to a lot of great dive destinations! :)

I can do that too and I'm 25... but I don't want kids or a mortgage :wink:

OW certification at 73 followed by AOW, nitrox and 172 dives.

Started my OW class on my 49th birthday ... been making up for lost time ever since ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

WOW!!! You really have been making up for lost time.

I understand, therefore, I try to dive every week. As I approach my 60th I figure I've only got about 30 to 40 years to go! :)

I got certified in 2005, right after I turned 15, and I plan on diving well into retirement :D

pump and bucket at age 10,,

my Dad was retired hardhat and shallow water and so got into that around 12 finally had my first tank at 15,,,equipment was very hard to find ,,,then into the Navy and all that nice gear to use,,,retired and bought my first shop and became a instructor and captain in1971,,,the starting years of diving as we know it,,
it has been a great time diving all those years,,,with many more to come!

later,,,,,,,,,captbill crawford

Certified in Dec 2009 @ age 63. My dives and certs are in my profile.

'79 16 years old. The same age my son got certified. Certified by Sea D Sea dive shop in Redondo Beach, CA Bought my first gear through paper route money delivering the "daily breeze". Would buy used gear at Dive n Surf annual Presidents day tent sale. Still have and use my first Aluminum Pro 80 I bought there. (was my first real big ticket purchase)

1998 at the age of 24. I wanted to do it sooner, but I waited until I had a "real job" after college. My son just turned eight, so he'll be starting Scuba Rangers sometime soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom