How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where the crew will have to throw my dive gear off the boat and let me put it on in water. And the crew going have to get the dive gear out of water when I surface. I’ll give em good tip

what is the reason for deciding 70 is it??? Im 72 and still frog kicken.. next dive trip, April, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Right. When I was 40 or so I said I wouldn't still be playing clarinet professionally at 70. Will be 70 in April and off to NY again in June to play.

what is the reason for deciding 70 is it??? Im 72 and still frog kicken

No reason. We'll see what happens then, but observing the aging of my peers and family makes me predict that my lifestyle will be different at that age than this one. Either way, I'll have no regrets. My log book is sitting right next to me now and documents 40+ years of diving memories.

Plan to keep going as long as my fitness lasts. 71 now and going strong. New dive season starts here in Cyprus in a month and looking forward to it and teaching and guiding. "No rest for the wicked eh!".
Love to see this. My dad is 68 and im a little timid to get him under the water with me.

I had surgery for cancer in Dec of 21, tough stretch of radiation & chemo in Feb/Mar of 22 - resulting in open wound behind my ear that exposed my skull and wouldn't close - surgery in Feb 23 to attempt to close - partially successful.

My friends are both experienced divers, firemen & EMTs and we had planned a big trip for over a year - thought I'd be ready easily but even after almost a year, I still had a wound behind my ear. Checked with my cancer docs, my family physician (also a diver) and my friends and decided to go.

Went to Fiji and the worst part was the travel to and from. Dives were great - a little tough getting up the ladder with my gear but managed. Called a couple of dives after 20-25 minutes fighting a heavy current, but made both shark dives - and paid for another set a couple of days later. 9 out of 10 dives I was in water and loving it.

I'm 75, and planning another trip. I'll keep doing this till I can't hit the water when I step out of the boat.

Attachments

• image000000 2.JPG
    image000000 2.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 24
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom