How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did boat dive in Jupiter 2-4’ seas was feeling old, this was first dive in about 6 months. Rest of week dive and felt better everyday, one day we were the youngest of the crew. Keeping in dive shape is best done diving.

I Think I'll quit when I can't get up the ladder with my equipment on.
I can but back hurts a few hours later so now take the gear off in the water and Dive Tutukaka boat crew hauls it up for me. I dive with them frequently so they are happy to help me.

I Think I'll quit when I can't get up the ladder with my equipment on.

That’s when i’m investing in a crane:

93FC661E-E090-4D2B-BCC5-F2ACFA5C9561.jpeg

I'm now 78, and plan to continue diving until I feel I shouldn't...at least until 80.

SeaRat

Well I could swim before I could walk. So I hope to be diving until I can no longer walk.

And not to be grim, but if I had to choose any place to "sign out" it would be underwater where I'm happiest.
Signing out underwater, while might seem good since that's where you are happiest, the dive boat operator and others on the dive with you probably would not be as happy. Lot of paperwork for dive boat operator to fill out...then there's the dead body on board. If it happened on the first dive of the day, well, there goes the rest of the day diving.

I once dove on a boat with a diver who was 79, I hope to be diving until then too!
69...last dive was 7 years ago. I didn't know it at the time, but those were likely my last dives.:(

I plan on continuing to dive as long as it's safe to do so and I still find the wonder and enjoyment of it.

In Korea, there are female free divers for generations. Many have been diving since the world wars and now over 80. Just learned about them on a documentary :)

With all the old divers out there I hope boat owners are taking note. At some point I will heavily favor boats that have elevators for getting in and out.

As I hit the age of 70.....one of the most difficult aspects of my life is to understand and accept my limitations. It's not easy for some of us to grasp this concept.... I owe it to my family and to myself to be realistic about what I can and cannot do.

Just this last May in Bonaire, I had an incident where I stumbled and fell on a shore exit and what "normally" would have been a "piece of cake" was more difficult than I thought to get back up on my feet. It was an eye opener for me.

I want to and plan to keep diving for as long as I can......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom