How much will it cost to service myself my regs ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have serviced my own regs in the past but I get them done by an experienced tech these days. My thinking is that if I do 3 or 4 regs a year I'm never going to be as good at it as someone who does 100 regs a year.

R..

That may be true in some cases. However, there is no way a dive shop could afford to pay an employee to dedicate the amount of time and effort most DIYers put into servicing our regs. On the other hand, if they did I'd balk at the service bill.

Surely I understand that some just don't want to service their own gear, but quality of service is pretty low on the reason list. I will concede that some folks should avoid certain forms of DIY. When it comes to painting and renovating around the house I fall into that category as the results can be less than acceptable. But if you can repair a faucet you can probably service a regulator.

Edit: I got long winded there and did not answer the OP's question. After the initial cost of tools and a few books, the price of servicing gear yourself is mostly dependent on the cost of the service parts-which is negligible.

Last edited:
GENUINE VITON O-RINGS Service kit - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
Black viton FKM with the manufacturer name printed on the product it self 120 orings plus free delivery and an o-ring pick free. For NITROX diving applications . I don't claim to be the cheaper brand but i do claim that my o-rings are FKM black Viton for nitrox applications for sure
So who is the manufacturer? The name printed on your box is just the distributor that you buy from. I am sure your orings are fine but the information you provide is misleading.

The description of that set is questionable. The title says "viton" and in the description it reads "buna, nitrile". Which is it?

Since the sizes are the same, they used the same discription as the previous page burna-n kit. Blame it on the webmaster. The ones I recieved were correct.

Bob

So who is the manufacturer? The name printed on your box is just the distributor that you buy from. I am sure your orings are fine but the information you provide is misleading.
Europeseals Holland is the consultant partner Europe Seals BV, Markets and my supplier. Behind the brand name scubagaskets there is Europeseals with all safety and quality issues in place and that is why i print their name on my products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom