How much to tip at Cozumel Reef Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
I 100% totally agree with you about the taxi's. They use the no change excuse ALL the time. It's their way to coerce a tip out of you. Aside from the fact tha it is their responsibility to be able to make change for you, tell me how can they drive around, collecting cash ALL day and NOT have change. Even if you are giving them a $200 peso note or a $20 bill, they should be able to make change for you. If not, tell them you'll wait, but DO NOT fall for the "no change" game.
I always bring down a couple hundred in ones and fives so that I can tip (whoever) and pay the taxi drivers exact change. I just don't want the hassle of arguing over change while I'm trying to relax on vacation.

Christi see ya soon, thanks again for setting everything up...

rje634:
I always bring down a couple hundred in ones and fives so that I can tip (whoever) and pay the taxi drivers exact change. I just don't want the hassle of arguing over change while I'm trying to relax on vacation.

Christi see ya soon, thanks again for setting everything up...

Denada y no problemo amigo :) Te veo pronto!

Mawg:
Christi,

Has the Plaza Las Glorias re-opened. Dont want to stay there, wife wants to stop for a margarita. Thanks

I'm still not really sure if it's open to be honest with you. However, even if it is open, they are not going to let in the front door without being a guest in the hotel. Non-hotel guests are not welcome I was told by numerous sources.

DandyDon...you are rright...I usually just check the board and partiipate in active threads if I have something to contribute. Sometimes I go for days or even weeks without checking in, but other days I find a few free minutes to participate. Thanks for putting that disclaimer out there for me though :wink:

Christi:
Denada y no problemo amigo :) Te veo pronto!

And thank you from us too as we'll see you and rje634 in a week or so. And to everyone out there who hasn't booked a dive operator yet... I've spoke highly of another dive operator before on this board, but I must say without a doubt, that Christy has gone way out of her way to make all of our diving requests come true. That's not easy with a half dozen people on the boat. I look forward to diving with you all and to meeting you too, Christy. I can't wait. Anything you need from the states for us to bring along to Mexico? I remember someone here saying that they had a hard time getting Diet Dr. Pepper? Boy I'd have to go without that for 1000 years before I'd miss it! :11ztongue

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom