How much time to allow to fly from Male to SIngapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleomagic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to book a liveaboard on Carpe Novo in September. The boat starts at Male and ends at
Dharavandhoo. To return home, I will need to fly from DRV (Dharavandhoo) to MLE (Male), and then from MLE to Singapore. How much time do I need to allow to land in MLE, gather my luggage, check into my Singapore flight and board the Singapore plane? Is an hour enough? Should I plan for 2 hours? Trying to finalize flights and this is the one leg I am having a hard time figuring out.

Thanks in advance for any help - really looking forward to the trip. This will be the first time diving the Maldives!

I'll just hop on that question here.
I've a similar situation: current planning looks like arriving at MLE from VAM (Maamigili) at 17:45 and leaving with Qatar Airways for Doha at 20:20.
That's a bit more than 2,5 hours.
The domestic terminal seems to be close to the international one, at least closer than the Seaplane Terminal.

Updating to have this pop up on the "unread" list.... if no response in a couple of days, will repost this as a general thread...

Better to ask for a thread to be moved than duplicate it. But this is probably the right place and maybe just no one knows the answer.

The domestic terminal (not the seaplane terminal) is two minutes walk from the international terminal. You should be able to collect your luggage and leave the domestic terminal within 30 mins of landing. It is entirely up to you to determine how much margin you want to allow for flight delays.

You can always ask Tina (pr@carpediemmaldives.com).

Back
Top Bottom