How much more down time??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you say you've bought all your equipment just what BC do you have. Unless it;s a BPW setting up doubles on a regular jacket bc is a bad idea no matter what the manufacturer says. You may have no choice but to split them up.

When you say you've bought all your equipment just what BC do you have. Unless it;s a BPW setting up doubles on a regular jacket bc is a bad idea no matter what the manufacturer says. You may have no choice but to split them up.

no choice?

He could get a bp/wing which is a choice. :)
He could split them up which is a choice...

Dive Equipment
Deep Outdoors steel BP w/ 30# wing, Beaver tech. weight harness, Atomic Z2 1st & 2nd stage and Octo

From his profile.:D

You mean my SP Classic with a place for the bolts isn't good for doubles :)

From his profile.:D

:doh:

BTW I like my Deep outdoors BP/W, I use it for my doubles . . .

so grow some gills.:D

If I could....I would!!!

if the price is good, buy them and split them, dive them as singles until you have more dives under your belt, then if u decide u want to you have all u need to redouble them.

I have actually thought about that, since I would have to buy a bigger wing, which means even more money out of my pocket...lol

another thing that might help is, not saying anything about anyone in particular, but get outside and improve your cardio running etc to improve your lung and heart function. This will help lower your risk of DCS as well.

I do need to do this too!! And i'm sure it would help!!

Just as 300Bar posted.....my equipment is: Deep Outdoors steel BP w/ 30# wing, Beaver tech. weight harness, Atomic Z2 1st & 2nd stage and Octo

I have actually thought about that, since I would have to buy a bigger wing, which means even more money out of my pocket...lol

I do need to do this too!! And i'm sure it would help!!

exactly, of course you probably would need to buy valves for the tanks once you broke them apart, unless the had plugs . . . but probably easier and safer for a newer diver to get new valves, they can be gotten cheap I would think any way. . .

You and me both :D

Breathing?? Who needs that!!!:rofl3:

Yes I am new to diving, I admit that. But i'm also tired of not enough time under to do anything....especially being in NJ. I have bought all my equipment except for tanks, but I found a set of Steel HP 100 doubles with 300 Bar manifold for a really good price, so i'm thinking about picking them up. If it was up to me, i'd be diving every day....I just love it!!

Dive more my friend and your sac rate will improve. I can stay down and get into deco with an aluminum 80. So will you if you practice. Dont rush the process, you might not like the end result.

The AL 80 tends to save new divers from themselves. Not enough gas generally to get into deco.
Add a large tank or doubles and a newbe without enough experience and over exuberance and I see a chamber ride.

I completely understan the reasoning behind everyone saying that you need more experience before you go bigger. I understand the dangers of diving longer than your NDL. I agree completely with everyone that I need more experience, but I still need more aire. Moving from an AL 80 to a steel 100...would it really give me that much more time that I can go over my limits at shallow depths?? I am the type of person who is constantly checking his computer to check the dive time, the remaining NDL time, etc. Not that it can't happen, but if you are careful, it shouldn't happen.

dive more.... practice relaxing and bouyancy, 2 skills that will do amazing things for your air consumption,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom