How much have you spent on gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love to see the pics of the dive gear lockers.
I did notice that no one is showing camera gear...
One can somehow find an excuse for spending a few $K on regulators, suits, rebreathers, etc... But the price of cameras, strobes and lenses would probably push the figures up into NASA budget levels :p

One can somehow find an excuse for spending a few $K on regulators, suits, rebreathers, etc... But the price of cameras, strobes and lenses would probably push the figures up into NASA budget levels :p
You and I agree. Please do not let our divebuddy's find out...

There is dive gear. And there is dive gear extras. I think a few people have claimed that boats do not count.

What about dive computers? Strobes? I have way too many of both.

I would be a little concerned if we all started talking about wet suits. Kind of like a sneaker fetish...

Been certified since Oct 16th so only 4 dives in at the moment.

Only stuff I have so far is a new in box apeks xtx100 for 270 I think I practically stole it . But I can see 1-2k leaving my pocket in the coming years

I have spent $3441.34, 90%used gear and the associated costs of benchtesting and/or repair to try different setups and rigs. In the process of selling off most since I found the setup that makes me feel the most comfortable when diving.

I'm my own worst enemy...

My friend who's leaving the country popped over with 2 AL 80 cylinders - asking me to hold on to them while he finds a buyer. No prob. The price is quite cheap (considering the local price). Heck why not. Although I dive steels, Al 80's are great as ponies and deco bottles right?

My LDS has a 25-30% sale. So I now end up with a dedicated Apex O2 reg set, new SPG, longer hose and 90 degree swivels. SPG, extra AI transmitter and some stage slings. there's no point having cylinders if they can't be used?

Not such a bargain after all. Doh!

I'm really happy to finally own a nice car that is only 5-6 yrs old. Nonetheless it easily triples in value when loaded with mine & daughter's dive gear :-D

Very little (if my other half is reading this)

In reality, about £1.5-2k.
Regs £200
BP&W £300
7mm Wetsuit £150
3mm wetsuit £60
Drysuit £300
Fins £100
Hood/gloves/boots £100
Knife/shears £60
Weights £150
Computer £150

Nothing close to what I have spent on my other hobbies such as photography (probably over £3k).
I guess I should update this to add that (prior to the end of the year) I intend to spend about £600-700 on a computer (LED just looks soooo nice) and probably about £1K on a made to measure drysuit.

I might have to buy a new wetsuit next year as well if my weight keeps going down.

I would hate to add it up but over the past coming on 20 years I'd guess well over $15,000....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom