How much bungee for a DSS mount (Vyper)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Getting ready to place my order with DSS and realized that I'm not sure just how much bungee cord to order for the Vyper mount - I need to do 2 mounts. Any suggestions based on experience?

Thanks,

Are you really ready for progression to bungee.
Remember to allow for circulation.

Getting ready to place my order with DSS and realized that I'm not sure just how much bungee cord to order for the Vyper mount - I need to do 2 mounts. Any suggestions based on experience?

Thanks,

We recommend 3 ft for one mount or 5 ft for two.

You need more than you might think for tying knots.

Tobin

Bungees are dirt cheap. Buy a 20-ft segment and use as need. Speaking of which, I'm down to less than 10-ft now. Time to order up some more.

never mind.

just saw what fn said.
It should always be on hand. You'll use it tying stuff down (cutting tool, hoses, pony regs), necklace. I cut Velcro off things like sausages and use a bungee loop to keep them rolled up. I use bungee to keep stuff together in my dive locker...a pair of spring traps, a pair of cam bands etc.

I buy it by the yard at the box stores.

Back
Top Bottom