How many times a year you are going to scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually dive local quarries within 15min-1 hour of home. Nitrox fills cost 40 euros/year and the compressor upkeep is part of the 25 euros/yr dive club fee, I fill the tanks myself. The dive club also owns 2 boats and when we make a dive in the using a boat we pay 5 euros/person boat use fee. These local dives are 80% of my diving, the rest being maybe 1 liveaboard/yr.

Most folks own all their own gear but the club owns some single tank rigs rented to members at 10 euros/rental to make it easier for new divers to get started. I needed 6 mo.s to afford my own BCD and tank, a year to afford my own regs, some who dive very infrequently never do buy their own stuff.

The club offers the basic dive class (CMAS*) for about 380 euros and the fee includes club membership and the 1st year's membership dues. The club pays for the training of assistant instructors & instructors but they receive no pay for assisting or instructing. We also have weekly dives throughout the summer months where any member can come and either dive with their own buddy or be paired with a buddy having as much experience as he/she feels is necessary. Training new divers and advancing the dive education of the divers we have is what we do to keep the club alive & working. It was a great way to learn to dive. I probably made 50 dives before I was ever paired with someone who wasn't at least an assistant instructor; not because I felt the need but just because there we always enough active "old guard" around for every dive.

peter11, you've started a fun thread, but I'm still not sure what you're really asking about. Are you thinking about starting your own liveaboard company, or reselling liveaboard trips (like a travel agent)?

I want to create unique place on net, web service for booking exotic diving trips with 5star customer service and support, and also not to earn some big money, just besouse i'm passionate about diving...

Thanks for all answers. If you have dive shop or you have a list of favourit dive places and people who organize them please send me a email at: perica.aleksov@gmail.com

I was getting out twice a week last year from June to September, but cut back this year to once a week primarily to due the fuel costs associated with the 2+ hr round trip to charter pick-up points on the St. Lawrence River. But have done a one week winter liveabord for the past three years to bridge the gap until the ice goes.

We live in a place where directions to good diving start with "board the plane". As a result, the answer is "not as often as we'd like". But we do go on 2-3 trips a year, generally for 10-14 days at a time.

I have about 20 dives in this year. I have two tanks, cost $10 to fill. I spend about $20-25 to drive to make the two hour drive to RI. Because I only have one week day to do it, I have been exclusively solo diving this year. I spend a couple of hundred dollars for gear, a mix of servicing and replacing a few pieces or adding new ones.

Retired, 3 x 2 week trips to Tenerife each year, with 1 dive each day. Planning to do a sidemount course next week ( in Tenerife). The mind is willing but the body and the pension place the limits.

I live in a cold climate and I don't cold water dive. Call me a wimp, I can take it. :D We typically take two dive trips a year diving anywhere from 10-25 times each trip.

Time is my limiting factor...

Generally I go on 2 trips a month - one a 2/3 night dive boat trip - $400, another day trip $75 I can go on the club boats which are free (included in my annual membership) and I do if I get free time and if I've been out of the water too long as I perfer the more challenging Mussandam diving to teh east and west coast of the UAE. Currently getting perhaps 10 dives a month and can dive year round Also like to get at least one perhaps 2 liveaboards for either a week or 2 if time is available - maybe $2000 each plus flights. get free Nitrox fills just finding time in the evenings to go down blend and fill. Car fuel not even worth considering at our gas prices :)

I dive once a month. I live in the desert, so its a bitch. If I am traveling for work I spend an extra day at the end and do 2-4 dives. If I am not traveling, then I at lease go the a local spring for 2-3 dives just to keep in practice. When vacation time rolls around, I get another 10 dives in some place warm.

If I lived someplace nice, I would dive more. I don't right now, but I move every 5-10 years so there is hope. I don't try to push for the number of dives, I just hit 500 after 34 years. I enjoy almost every dive and if I pushed just for numbers, I would burn out and go broke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom