How many times a year you are going to scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do 2-4 shore dives and 1 charter (2 dives) a month. I have to take a day off to do the charter and most of the shore dives are night dives after work.

---------- Post added September 15th, 2014 at 01:48 PM ----------

As for costs, I do $5 air fills for the shore dives and spend about $50-$60 for the boat trip, $10-$20 for tip, and $20 for 2 nitrox fills. So a boat trip will cost about $100.

We dive every week or every other week, costs: some gasoline to get to the shore (40 km). Air is free for us. Once every two months we go wit the club boat, Costs €10-15 for fuel and lunch. Also we do two liveaboards per year (almost every year that is), Egypt or Asia costs ranging from €1200 to €2200 including air fare.
Furthermore there are some maintenance costs and we buy stuff we think we need, but there is so much equipment here, we could start a shop. It seems to accumulate over the years. Some stuff was bought on E-Bay/Craigslist and the like, some is bought new.
Why do you want to know, what kind of info are you looking for?

I try to make a startup business with diving becouse diving is my passion. Unfortunatle I dont have so much money to go on exotic ispland to dives but I go few times at Red Sea and Black sea.

What is the biggest problem when you prepare diving trips? Rent a boats? Is boats specialy builded for diving or no? What every boats for divers must have?

Sorry if I boring you ... I just want to start some service for booking nice diving trips?

I have been averaging between 25 and 50 dives per year. They are trips, 2 per year. $2000-3500 per trip per person. Would like to do more but 50Degree F water and 5' vis just don't do it for me. I am older and do not really want cold water and low visibility. Ya, I know to be considered a real diver you must dive cold water and low vis. As my financial well being increases the number of dives will probably increase too, at least until I get to the point that I can't do it safely and need to just stop. Hoping for another 15+ years before that happens though.

My goal is to dive every other week locally. I also am planning a vacation to Cozumel for New Years and any other trips in the future will also probably involve some diving as well. Hate to say it but diving is only one of many activities that I engage in.

Up until last year I was trying to get out and dive at least once a month locally, and then for a few days while on vacation. Unfortunately (or, fortunately) since last year with my youngest son and his sports I've been unable to find time to dive every month. For now most of my dives are down to about 3-4 days while on the once a year family vacation.

Prior to purchasing my own gear rentals for tank, BC, weights, regs was $65 for the whole package. Now it's $15 for a tank.

We take a 1-2 week vacation as a family to either Hawaii or the Caribbean depending on travel specials and time share availability. Factor in the cost of family of 5 it's a few thousand off the bat before we even get wet. My oldest daughter is my dive buddy and multiply dive cost on dive boat by factor of 2. I usually try to get out on vacation at least 3 times for the week. If it's about $125 per person per day for diving, then times 2 for two people, total cost is $750 plus tips. She needs a regulator as rental, which is $10-$15 per day and add another $30-$45 to the total cost. That's just over $800 when all is totaled up for diving cost. Spending time with family and a teenage daughter who actually is not embarrassed to be with dad, priceless.

I dive every weekend at a local lake. In an hour or so, I can have my gear loaded, have my tanks filled, and be in the water. The viz is horrible most of the time, but all in all...its a decent place to dive. Sometimes, I even leave the office early during the week for a quick dive. Three or four different sites around the lake keep it interesting. I am just looking forward to the coming months when all the boats and jet skiers will be gone. :)

We do one ~ 2 week dive trip a year and several pool dives for practice. I have family in Portland, ME, San Diego, TX, OK, and AR that I visit frequently and I am definitely starting to realize that I need to save up for a dry suit. I would dive all of those places if I had one and would also join some of these Blue Hole trips. But I am one of those super coldies who was freezing in Bonaire in June in a 3 full with an added vest and hood. We are going to the Philippines in April/May and I am going to either get a 1.5 or 2 skin to layer under, or a 3mm shorty to go over everything else I already have. Also, fleece socks and new boots, I have 5mM, but will need a bigger size for socks and hope to get at least 7mm. I think I am realizing that if I want to really be more than a vacation diver the drysuit is a necessity!

Moved from Michigan to Florida 10 years ago so I could dive 365 days a year. Granted...I lost the 44 degree water and 35 feet of visability and now have to content myself with 72 degree spring water with 200 feet vis. Lol

My criteria for diving now is:
The sum of the water temperature in degrees F at depth, plus the visability in feet at depth has to be 150 or better or I don't get in the water.

So no more diving in 44 degree water with 36 feet vis. Total = 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excluding being in the pool, I get three or 4 weekends of diving in between June and September, and Debbie and I try to get in one or two trips to warm salt water venues per year. That translates to be about 50 dives per year, supplemented by a lot of pool instruction time ( scuba review, DSD, and the like). The most we did in one year is four, the fewest,, sadly, one. My record number of dives for one year is only 102, and the fewest ( 2013 fighting cancer) was 14. By booking our own trips we save a lot, and the next outing, to Akumal, MX will run about $3000 for both of us combined, including air travel, ground transport, lodging in a nice condo, 5 days of diving, and meals. In fact it might be a bit less. We have spent much more, and also less- The Florida Keys can be a very economical trip.
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom