How many Scouts and Scouters are on ScubaBoard (Boy Scouts)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope y'all are planning to help on scuba staff at the 2010 National Jamboree. I don't know the exact numbers, but the scuba activity at the past few Jambos has run about 25,000 - 30,000 Discover Scubas/ Scuba BSA during the Jamboree. Bob Tallent is always looking for staff.

mike is that you.

if you guys and gals can work on the scuba staff its the "coolest job" at the jamboree as the scuba staff has access to the most cool water on site. There are other perks of the position but you have to be there to understand.

i already have 2010 blocked off on my schedule for scuba staff and cant wait. I have already started working on the patch designs for 10 and the ideas are good i just now need to get out of paramedic school so i can work on the designs.

Scubatooth
aka
patch pirate

Currently Cubmaster and WEBELOS II Den Leader, will be in Boy Scouts next year. My son can not wait until he is old enough to get certified to scuba dive.

not sure if I count but a Eagle Scout have not been active in scouting in a few years due to work but now that we just had a son I will again one day.

i am just about to become an Eagle scout, i will have it by the end of the month, just need to meet with a few merit badge counselors (work already done). I wouldn't be diving without the scouts. i always thought it looked cool, but i my leader in scouts hooked everyone up with the dive shop so we could go "Try scuba" in a pool. i was hooked after that and love it.

Joined cubscouts in 1972 in Centereach, LI, NY. Moved to Woodbridge, VA and finished up all ranks through Arrow of Light. Graduated into Boy Scouts. Earned Eagle, class of 1981. Attended 1977 Jamboree. O/A in 1977 or 1978. Brotherhood honor (need to renew - let membership lapse). Attended Philmont 1979. Attended NOAC in 1979. Worked O/A Service Corp Staff 1981 Jamorbee. Attended Camp Bowman at Goshen Scout Camp from 1975 through 1981. Took four years off for college. Joined troop in 1986 as ASM. Took three crews to Lenhok'sin Trail at Goshen Scout Camp (1987, 1990, 1991). Got Married. Joined cubscout pack when my son joined as a Tiger Cub 5 years ago. Just finished 4 years as Pack Committee Chairman. Son will be earning Arrow of Light in May and graduating into Boy Scouts. I will be joining, probably as ASM. Son was certified as Jr. OW last August and now has 14 dives.

I have visited the 1985, 1989, 1993, 2001, and 2005 Jamborees to trade some patches.

My dad was SM from 1979 through 1981. He earned his woodbadge beads.

Wow, someone opened up the thread!
Okay... I'm a Venture Crew Committee Member, Troop Assistant Scoutmaster, District committee member, and merit badge Councellor. My son is still in the Venture Crew, but is inactive (away in college). He made Eagle 2 years ago.

Our Venture Crew is a Scuba Diving Crew, and a Scuba School. We have been training divers (TMCA and SDI cert) for many years... in fact, our first instructor was Buster Crabbe, in 1968.

We have been displaced from our former home, and are currently located in the YMCA in White Plains, NY. Read our story, or just stop by to visit.. I try to keep some really useful information linked off the web site, most I which I first found right here on Scubaboard. Feel free to click around, and if any of you are new divers, use this as a reference. www.durlandscuba.org!.

One more thing... We had a booth at Beneath The Sea this year, and met quite a few of you! Nice people!!

MechDiver:
As this has absolutely nothing to do with basic scuba discussions, you might ask a Mod to move it somewhere else.

just hateful. i did not read everysingle post, but i found this in the scout section, not basic scuba. take a chill pill!!!

dano

p.s. pm if you need to

p.p.s. go scouts...get certified.

aowdan:
just hateful. i did not read everysingle post, but i found this in the scout section, not basic scuba. take a chill pill!!!

dano

p.s. pm if you need to

p.p.s. go scouts...get certified.

PSSST That post was for Jan of 2004. . .

I have been involed with scouting since I was a tiger. Made Life before I got intrested in girls and fell off the wagon and did not have a chance to make Eagle. I am still active with OA. I am now 29 and a Cub Master of my sons Pack. Pack 405 in Alvin Texas charted by South Park Baptist Church.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom