How many people were in your OW classes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by chris_b

Anyway, it is a "NAUI" course; we're using the NAUI text and will receive NAUI certification after completing all the requirements.
NAUI requires one instructor in the water and in direct supervision for every eight (8) students. With assistants, the instructor can add one more student for each of two assistant instructors, but in no case can the student to instructor ratio exceed 10 to 1 in the pool.
Any questions?
Rick

I believe there where six of us, and one instructor and one assistant instructor and one DM. One of the things that was important to me was the one on one that I got. I agree with everyone and you should check that situation out. Does not seem right.

My class had 7 students, which were all great people, but I wish we were a smaller class because I felt we were rushed and should have had more instructor- student time.

In my OW I only at 6 students -- 1 instructor, 1 DM and 2 DM-in-training.

I still am in contact with some of the people from my OW classes --- I did all the class & confined water with one group, but ended up doing my OW with another due to schedule conflicts.

You brought back some really great memories.... I was sooooooo proud of myself getting through the course.

there was 7 at first when we started but 1 fellow who i thaught for sure would do the course for sure really got freeked in the shallow end of the pool with the mask fill well he bailed and never came back and 1 woman never really wanted to take the OW course anyway , she left on the first OW dive we had to make . and that left us with 5 . AOW comming up this spring and looking foreward to taking it hopeing to go for the SAR ! after logging more dives as an AOW :jump:

OW class. Academics, myself. CW's, myself. last two OW's, myself, another student and a Ramora. Three differnet instructors for the whole thing, it was planned as two.

AOW, myself with one other student for two of the dives.

We had 10 in my class for o/w, about 14 for the pool for some CAD's on referral (and this was July!!). At o/w we had 2 instructors and a DM about to do IDC on the first day and were joined by a third instructor on the 2nd day. In the pool there were two instructors and at least 2 DM's so all in all pretty well covered.

And I thought that was a large group until reading this post.

Jonathan

My OW and AOW classes were very small. Probably due to the fact I took it in the winter.

By the way Netdoc, whre do you do your class for 40$? I paid around 300$ for OW+AOW in Israel.

Ari :)

In those days there was just me and Neptune!

Aquamore:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom