how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11017AFE-C06D-41E0-A682-9F973212FE6A.jpeg

2 pair of Eddy’s L, XL
Jet fins XXL
F1 LTE XL
Some garbage I was sold when signing up to certify
Full foot snorkel fins 20-25 years old
Fins that don’t fit me but used to try and inspire a future dive partner

1 pair XL jets
1 pair XL turtles
1 pair 46 Picasso freediving fins
1 pair XL scubapro full foot rubber snorkelling fins.
I’ve had many more fins throughout the years but give them away to people who need gear.
My philosophy is if I’m not using it and don’t have any future plans to, I gift it to someone who will.

But Bob, how many pairs do you currently own?
Think I have almost all fins that were made from 1940's Owen Churchill, Italian and Russian fins. Many customers from oversea brought me fins as gifts. My collection of OPS is large and this picture is just half of those models.
ops-projecy169-.jpg-fw.jpg

Think I have almost all fins that were made from 1940's Owen Churchill, Italian and Russian fins. Many customers from oversea brought me fins as gifts. My collection of OPS is large and this picture is just half of those models. View attachment 648505
When you run out of other projects, you can start a flipper museum. :)

How about an online one? We can get @David Wilson to be the curator.

Now down to only 5 pair, only dive 2 sets now, Mares Excite Pro and my travel fins, Aqualung Storm.
The Storm for short fins are surprisingly very good , not lacking "grunt" when you need it.

When you run out of other projects, you can start a flipper museum. :)

How about an online one? We can get @David Wilson to be the curator.

There are already several virtual diving museums in continental Europe with sizeable fin collections viewable online. Here are three examples:

1. Musée Dumas, Sanary, France

upload_2021-3-20_5-36-14.png

To access this page, just follow the Collections - Objets link and enter the search term "Palmes", French for "fins".

2. Luigi Fabbri's Blu Time History site, Italy
upload_2021-3-20_5-42-52.png

To access the page, follow this link. The page includes a number of pairs from my own collection.

3. Virginio Masera's Museo torinese delle attività subacquea, Turin, Italy
upload_2021-3-20_5-48-38.png

To access the page, follow this link.

Spain's online Nemrod Museum displays numerous examples of fins manufactured by the company over the decades. Follow this link.

There are already several virtual diving museums in continental Europe with sizeable fin collections viewable online. Here are three examples:

1. Musée Dumas, Sanary, France

View attachment 648531
To access this page, just follow the Collections - Objets link and enter the search term "Palmes", French for "fins".

2. Luigi Fabbri's Blu Time History site, Italy
View attachment 648533
To access the page, follow this link. The page includes a number of pairs from my own collection.

3. Virginio Masera's Museo torinese delle attività subacquea, Turin, Italy
View attachment 648534
To access the page, follow this link.

Spain's online Nemrod Museum displays numerous examples of fins manufactured by the company over the decades. Follow this link.
Wow, really cool. Have a few pairs of Nemrod. Thanks for links My first fins were made from fiberglass
scan-3-21-2017-clean-resized.jpg
. 1971

4 Jets and 1 Hollis F1

and that's not counting my wives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom