How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So am I to believe that when changing the non functioning (burnt out) light bulb, I should have the replacement light bulb, bungie corded around my neck?

The replacement bulb should be held, by the threads, in the left hand to be transfered to the right hand after proper disposal of the burned out bulb. The BACK UP replacement bulb should be bungie corded around your neck - in case the replacement buld should be faulty.
Don't be afraid to ask, that's how we learn. :chicken:

[GI3 mode]If all you nickle rocket cyber-bulbers had a clue, you'd know that you never bungee your backup bulb. That's just farm animal stupid, and the epitome of strokery. Look, if you bungee the backup bulb, how are you going to deploy it one-handed? Particularly in a brown-out, which you know you have by definition, since you're replacing a burnout! If you would just take a lesson from people who have replaced burnt out bulbs 8000 feet into a warehouse 300 feet above the floor, you would carry that spare in your mouth, where you can spit it into place if you really need to. [/GI3 mode]

Hehe thanks for the laugh guys.. needed it.. finals suck

So the replacement light bulb goes on the long cord for easy deployment - i see now, and its off the right lamp post (lightpole to you heathens) in case you touch the ceiling and have a rolloff the ladder, the backup light on the bungee around your neck will hopefully provide you with enough light to do the job right. Remember you should always carry 3 lights, one on your bungee, one on the long cable and of course that is to make up for the one that has just burnt out on you.

I cant believe all these people that think they need so much light...

When I took my course, we had to practice with candles for SIX MONTHS before we were allowed anywhere NEAR a light....

Is there any good agencies to get BM (Bulb Master) training? I would eventully like to be a BM, of course I know being a BM with 1000+ bulb changes or more doesn't make you a good bulb changer. I met this guy one time with over 5000 bulb changes and he couldn't change a bulb to save his light, let alone lead a bunch of newbies on their first bulb change.

dlndavid:
Is there any good agencies to get BM (Bulb Master) training? I would eventully like to be a BM, of course I know being a BM with 1000+ bulb changes or more doesn't make you a good bulb changer. I met this guy one time with over 5000 bulb changes and he couldn't change a bulb to save his light, let alone lead a bunch of newbies on their first bulb change.
The dim leading the dim :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom