• 100-200

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • 200-400

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • 400+

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of hours under pressure. 600 hours in saturation. None of it anything like smellzlikefish.

Congratulations ajduplessis !! Good luck and my best to the wife !

2011 was not a good year for diving, having moved from Cyprus (surrounded by the Mediterranean) to Central Illinois (surrounded by cornfields). Best dive(s) on the wrecks of Chuuk Lagoon. Worst on the dead reefs of Satawal Atoll - nothing but a desert of algae.

I was kind of horrified to realize I won't even crack 150 this year -- 132 to date. Of course, all my cave diving trips are down to one dive a day, instead of four -- but that one dive is two and a half hours long! We had foul weather all spring, which cut down on my local diving a lot as well. But 132 is the lowest dive count for me in the six years I've been diving. Gotta do better than that next year!

Best dive was the sea lion rookery off Anacapa, although it has some close runners-up. Longest dive was 139 minutes. Deepest was 135 feet. And if Diving Log is to be believed, 48% of my dives in 2011 were cave dives . . . not at all true, but I could wish!

I did 30 this year. This has been the year with more dives since certified.
I hope 2012 brings more dives. In 2012 I will hit the 100 dives milestone and the "Master Diver" card (SSI).

I've found that I do more bottom time but fewer dives these days. At intro to cave I could do 4 dives or more in a day but at full cave I do 1 or 2. The same is true on the boats where I often do one long deco dive instead of two recreational dives. All my dives this year outside of some classes I took were over an hour and a majority were conducted breathing normoxic nitrox :wink: as a back gas. I don't know the number yet since I'm diving the week after Christmas. I will probably get in another 10 or 15 dives before the calendar flips which should put me somewhere around 100 dives for 2011.

Edit: So, which radio button do I check if my total is exactly 100?

27 dives-- I thought that was pretty good, but does not even compare with some. Lets see if the drysuit gets me to 40 this year.

This is the first year since I started diving in 2001 that I've had fewer than 200 dives ... about 180 to date, with a few more to go before year's end.

My best dive ... hmmm ... probably Bozell, a cave in Florida where my instructor took me after a few days of learning how to dive sidemount. It was not just a great dive, but my only dive this year with one of my favorite cave diving buddies ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

27 dives-- I thought that was pretty good, but does not even compare with some. Lets see if the drysuit gets me to 40 this year.

It is good. In 2010, I only did 9 dives and all of them were in the same quarry. It was a miserable year for me on many fronts, not just diving.

37 this year. Best dives were at Jervis Bay NSW with the seal colony there. Worst dives were on the GBR earlier in the year post cyclone. Very sad to sere so much damage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom