How many dives do you do on a dive day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking back through my logs of the past year and found that of the 96 dives only 14 were done on days with multiple dives. All the other dives were days where I only had time/buddy for one dive, then went home. Most of my buddies are only up for one dive per day, so I was wondering if this is common, or if most of you pack a bunch of diving in on Saturdays and Holidays?

btw - my usual "potential" dive week would be 1) Single dive between Church services or night dive after church on Sunday 2) Dreaming of 4 dives on Monday or diving with other SB members visiting Maui (my day off, usually no dive buddy :( ) 3) Single dive after work on Wednesday 4) Single dive after work on Thursday

What's your dive schedule like?

Tim

When I dove locally, almost always 2 dives on a weekend day or evening, starting time usually selected based on the tide. It wasn't worth the trouble for just one dive, and too far for an after work thing for us. But no buddy issues, as I'm married to mine. :)

When traveling, 3-5 a day.

I live about an hour's drive from the St. Lawrence river, and most of the dive sites are more like 90 minutes to 2 hours drive. I try to do two dives. We also have the Wet Wednesday dives through my LDS, but I can only get to about 5 - 10 of them a year.

When on vacation it is 2 - 3 dives a day, depending on what we have booked. This year we are off to Bonaire for two weeks, so it could be four dives on many of the days.

I may dive into December, but I am not interested in ice diving, so the season for this year is rapidly coming to an end.

Most of my dives have been single dives, something I was actually lamenting the other day, because I go down with Bob, he gives me feedback, and it's days before I get to put it into practice :)

I often meet somebody in the late afternoon (after they get off work) and there's only time for one dive. Every once in a while, we do a boat charter day with two or three dives.

When Peter and I are in Maui at the beginning of February, maybe we can meet up and do that multi-dive Monday, and some skills practice as well!

My diving requires overnight trips, so no way would I do just one dive. Besides, getting the gear out & ready, then properly rinsed and dried is too much for one dive.

The most I've done in one day was 5, 12 that weekend, but 2 or 3 a day on back to back days is good.

I haven't been to The Sandwich Islands in nearly 20 years. Maybe I need to plan a trip over and show you how an old cowpoke does it...? :D You've been a member here for 1-1/2 years, and live on a primie diving site. You should be well beyond your first 100...?? :confused:

TSandM:
Most of my dives have been single dives, something I was actually lamenting the other day, because I go down with Bob, he gives me feedback, and it's days before I get to put it into practice :)

I often meet somebody in the late afternoon (after they get off work) and there's only time for one dive. Every once in a while, we do a boat charter day with two or three dives.

When Peter and I are in Maui at the beginning of February, maybe we can meet up and do that multi-dive Monday, and some skills practice as well!
You're getting great training, but you need to get out and enjoy some diving, diving, diving. :thumb:

If I leave town (which could be as close as a two hour drive to another lake, a four hour drive to Puget Sound, or vacation in Monterey or Cozumel) I do at least 2 dives per day.

My normal local is one dive on Tuesday night, then one or two dives on Saturday or Sunday. This number goes down as the snow flies and the number of potential buddies dwindles. When the water temp hits the 30's and the air temp is lower than that, I'm happy to get in one per week.

2 tanks -- a couple of nice locations between 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 hours away, each with multiple things to see/do, makes for a pleasant day trip.
I did one 4 dive day on vacation, 3s seem nice.

kidspot:
I was looking back through my logs of the past year and found that of the 96 dives only 14 were done on days with multiple dives. All the other dives were days where I only had time/buddy for one dive, then went home. Most of my buddies are only up for one dive per day, so I was wondering if this is common, or if most of you pack a bunch of diving in on Saturdays and Holidays?

btw - my usual "potential" dive week would be 1) Single dive between Church services or night dive after church on Sunday 2) Dreaming of 4 dives on Monday or diving with other SB members visiting Maui (my day off, usually no dive buddy :( ) 3) Single dive after work on Wednesday 4) Single dive after work on Thursday

What's your dive schedule like?

Tim

Hey Tim.
Ive been pretty lucky to get alot of dives in over the years. When i was a teenage some days id make 5 or 6 dives in a day. I still get out a couple of time's a week.
I try to make one night dive during the week two dives on my boat during the weekend. My second dive yesterday was 136 for the season.

Diving locally (2hrs drive from home) typically 1 or 2 dives. Slack water and tides tend to mean more than that isnt practical due to currents and/or problems launching or recovering the boat.

Abroad in more benign locations, 3 or 4.

My record for a day is 5. That was in florida and trying to cram what should have been 7 days diving into 3 days after being evacuated due to hurricane dennis and losing half my week. I was getting distinctly cold by the start of dive 4. I guess a full length 3mm suit isnt enough for 4-5 hours in the water in a day regardless of the air temp.

3-5 per day is the norm on weekends that means 6-10 for sat and sun. least ever done was 2. most in one day was 7 when helping with ow class that had to be split into two groups. make that 8 did a night dive just to unwind after all that. weekends were too few and far between this year though. next year goal is to get in min of 125-150 for the year. I should be starting AI and Instructor courses so that should not be too hard. And NO, POOL DIVES DO NOT COUNT!

Back
Top Bottom