How many dives do you do in your head per day/week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kellevil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am nowhere near water at the moment and I won't be for a few more months but I do at least one dive a day in my head.

Sometimes I start at the very beginning by pulling the gear out of my truck and doing all the pre-dive checks and go all the way through the dive and the post dive break down. But most days I just skip right to the good stuff. Today I was doing valve drills in anticipation of diving my first set of doubles this summer.

Does anyone else do this?

None....But I do run a video in my mind about a couple of African hunts I'd gone on when younger (just before going to sleep) and the nightmares of being almost run down by a couple of really PO'd cape buffalos and an enraged bull elephant. Really opens the pores.

I do it when I'm having trouble getting to sleep. I'll start with loading the gear in the car . . . most times, I never get to the dive site :)

I tend to visualize dives, or at least particular parts of dives, ahead of time. Just like you, I have visualized valve drills before.

Today I was visualizing running my reel into the Devils Ear.

Yea I often think of diving. I have a very good visual imagination. I rarely relive dives though and think of new ones, usually in impossible places to dive.

When I dream of diving usually they are nightmares! Or in my dreams I will dive really deep and then the rest of the dream is spent doing deco (usually it will end badly during deco somehow with shark attack or something along those lines), how annoying!

I conceptually revisit parts/aspects of dives (rather than specific dives). When I am trying to relax or meditate, there are two different types of coral I envision... When I'm really wanting to be in the water, I usually swim through/around specific wrecks in my head... etc.

Usually I do between 5 to 10 virtual dives every day ..... most of the times because I am looking for bugs in the simulator or because I am testing out new features.
Quite often either the sim freezes (the internal version we have here is less stable than the released one) or I die in the process :depressed:

Once in a while I manage to squeeze out a leisure dive with some other member from somewhere else around the world.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I do several per day, whether I have dived that day or if it will be a couple weeks before the next dive. I relive past dives, I visualize future planned dives, I practice safety drills, and I mentally try out different equipment configurations.

theskull

"How many dives do you do in your head per day"

Geez, I dunno. Let me go find some quiet time to ask the others in there..............

Constantly!
I get in maybe 5-6 dives a day in... in my head.
Best distraction ever. Great way to keep your head where you want it to be when you can't be there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom