How many dives do you do in your head per day/week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, yeah. But my mind seems to have a fast forward and jumps to the best, more memorable part of a dive then strings them all together. It's like diving every site you've ever visited with every buddy you've ever dove with all in one dive. Puts a smile on my face. Then for real relaxation I recall standing on the edge of the bluff at Cayman Brac, looking down at the waves, seeing numerous sea turtles and feeling the breeze blowing on a clear sunny day. :D

I usually am so sound asleep that I don't know if I dream about diving or my other favorite activity!

As a general rule I do mental dives when I'm going through medical procedures: dentist chair, stitches (on or off), mammography, stuff like that. Also helps after dealing with idiots, at work mainly but anywhere. Seems like any discomfort can be at least softened if I go underwater.

Another sort of odd thing I find myself doing is adjusting my breathing when I see movies with underwater scenes, for sure each time is at an IMAX theater.

When I have trouble falling asleep I often think of parts of dives or I imagine a dive with animals that I would like to see in a dive such as Mantas or Whales.
Once when diving on the GBR a Minke whale swam beneath me just before I surfaced on a liveaboard. Many times while diving in Hawaii I've heard Whales singing as well as been Mantas have bumped me on the Big Island while they were feeding at night, I imagine these things as well as Dolphins....I swam with Dolphins off the Big Island and in Cayman Brac
File0152.jpg

Another sort of odd thing I find myself doing is adjusting my breathing when I see movies with underwater scenes, for sure each time is at an IMAX theater.

I do that too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom