• Five

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing this poll is showing is the amount of free time and disposable income each member has. It takes time and money to dive. It takes a huge amount to travel or other continents for diving.

All my income as a divebum is disposed of in food, the mortgage, etc. However, I can travel pretty darned cheap.

For example my nearly 3 month trip through Asia (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Malaysia), Australia & New Zealand and the Pacific (Cook Islands, Fiji, Tahiti) cost a mere $4,500 all inclusive (airfare, accommodations, meals, diving, gifts, etc.). My three month trip through Europe, admittedly done several decades ago in the late 60s, was a mere $750 all inclusive.

The only thing this poll is showing is the amount of free time and disposable income each member has. It takes time and money to dive. It takes a huge amount to travel or other continents for diving.
Yes, to a large extent you're right. In my case, however, most of my Asian and all of my Australian diving was done while I lived in Asia, and most of the North and South American diving was done while I lived in NY. With a few notable exceptions (three weeks in PNG :)) most of my diving has been done on two-week-or-less vacations; lately on 3- or 4-day weekends.

All my income as a divebum is disposed of in food, the mortgage, etc. However, I can travel pretty darned cheap.

For example my nearly 3 month trip through Asia (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Malaysia), Australia & New Zealand and the Pacific (Cook Islands, Fiji, Tahiti) cost a mere $4,500 all inclusive (airfare, accommodations, meals, diving, gifts, etc.). My three month trip through Europe, admittedly done several decades ago in the late 60s, was a mere $750 all inclusive.

So you were able to do it relatively cheaply, but obviously had a huge amount of free time.

So you were able to do it relatively cheaply, but obviously had a huge amount of free time.

Yes, but anyone can get the free time... just get fired from your job like I did (for being a whistleblower on some board members who were violating our by laws).

Certainly a dilemma for most... when one has the time, they don't have the money and vice versa.

I wonder how long before this kind of poll is expanded to include the number of planets dived... I wanted to be the first to dive Mars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom