• Five

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Quick bit of fun to see how well "dive-travelled" everyone is? How many continents have you dived from (yes, I know we dive in oceans, but you know what I mean). To keep it simple, let's treat all of the Caribbean as North American, Egypt as part of Africa, and let's use Oceania (rather than Australia) as the 7th continent. For Panama it depends which side of the canal your boat left from.

I call BS in advance on anyone who claims to have done all seven!

I've traveled to six continents (pre-dive life) but have only dived two :crying:

Are you counting Tahiti as Oceania or Asia? If Asia then I need to change my answer to only three. :crying:

Where are you counting Costa Rica? North America or South America? Need to change my answer if you count it as South America continent? :idk:

3 :thumb:......but still way too few. :hm: I think I am going to need a bigger bucket.

I've traveled to six continents (pre-dive life) but have only dived two :crying:

Are you counting Tahiti as Oceania or Asia? If Asia then I need to change my answer to only three. :crying:

Where are you counting Costa Rica? North America or South America? Need to change my answer if you count it as South America continent? :idk:

I would have put Tahiti in Oceania, but I guess opinions vary on that (Oceania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Costa Rica is in N.America I think, unless the dive boat went a long way...

With your definitions, I make two, since Australia and Indonesia would be in the same group. What's funny is that at least my immediate bucket list wouldn't expand the count any.

Egypt - Africa
France - Europe
Galapagos - South America
GBR, Indonesia, Fiji - Oceania
and of course - North America

Surely, someone has done an Antarctica trip... It is on my bucket list, but early retirement may have put that financially out of reach.

I classified Bonaire as S. America since it is only 54 KM off the coast of Venezuela but if it falls into Caribbean then my answer is 2 and not 3 :doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom