How many dive lights do you have? What’s the oldest one? ;-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Are you a collector or more of a minimalist when it comes to the underwater lighting gear? ;-) Most of you may have a assortment of dive lights, ranging from compact backup lights to more powerful primary lights for exploring dark crevices and wrecks. How about your oldest dive light in the collection? It might not be the brightest or fanciest, but it has been with you on countless adventures. Welcome to share the story behind your oldest dive light and any memorable dives it has accompanied you.

XTAR DIVE LIGHTS.jpeg

Well, I still have a light I bought in the '80's. A pistol type grip that used 8 D cell batteries to fire up that candle. It was great because I used it as part of my weight distribution system! Good times!

Are you a collector or more of a minimalist when it comes to the underwater lighting gear? ;-) Most of you may have a assortment of dive lights, ranging from compact backup lights to more powerful primary lights for exploring dark crevices and wrecks. How about your oldest dive light in the collection? It might not be the brightest or fanciest, but it has been with you on countless adventures. Welcome to share the story behind your oldest dive light and any memorable dives it has accompanied you.

View attachment 796785
@XTAR Have you considered becoming a business sponsor yet? Given the use of Scubaboard’s forums for continued market research and review generation, it seems inexpensive in comparison to the publicity you’ve gathered from the site.

I have two lights. A small compact light which usually clipped to my BCD and a larger light with insane lumens which I only take for caverns.

I/we have too many. 3 hid canisters (plus 2 extra heads), 2 led canisters, several cordless primaries, 8 led backup lights. Enough lights for what the dive calls for, whether its the cold dark murky waters of the Puget Sound, or the warm clear springs of cave country.

@XTAR Have you considered becoming a business sponsor yet? Given the use of Scubaboard’s forums for continued market research and review generation, it seems inexpensive in comparison to the publicity you’ve gathered from the site.
Thanks for your kind comment! We'll be glad to know more about it. For the business sponsorship, do you know who we can contact for more information? Thanks! :wink:

Small 300 lumin torch have had for 13 years, still used as a back up to my newer torches. But still one of my favorite to use. Taken all over the world and back again

Thanks for your kind comment! We'll be glad to know more about it. For the business sponsorship, do you know who we can contact for more information? Thanks! :wink:
@The Chairman for more info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom