How many cave divers are here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OW in '03
Cave in '07 through NACD and TDI and I think I was a little shy of 600 dives when I passed Full Cave(that includes 150+ cavern/intro/appr dives). I've got ~120 Full Cave Dives and have dived in over 40 cave/cavern systems now(all in FL). I dive sidemount all the time now, but did my training in backmount.

I don't have certifications for stages, sidemount, or DPV... nor do I have certifications for boat diving, night diving, or underwater photography :)

Interwebs, its all there! ZOMG! :D

Good friends brotha!

OW certified SDI 8/2008
AN/DP certified TDI 11/2009
Cavern certified TDI 12/2009 (had around 170 dives)

I'm still very much a rookie in the overhead diving world and scheduling to do Intro with Kenny P. in April or May. I've dove three systems in Florida (cavern only ) and one cenote system in Mexico.

Doing the overhead training in backmount 104s and also diving sidemount 95s and 130s. Got a Cuda X-scooter that's been 4000' back in JB but someone else was driving it.

I was certified as a cavern diver with NSS-CDS in 1988 and Full Cave with NACD in 1998, but I don't do much cave diving. I am a dedicated wreck diver.

OW certified in 2003.
Cavern/Intro certified in 05
Jim Wyatt reamed me a new one March 7th 06. :wink:
Cave certified 06
192 cave dives post full cert.
Diving Meg exclusively since 2007.
Other certs: DPV, Mix, CCR Meg.

Favorite places Ginnie and the Nest. Dove about 7 systems in FL.

NB moved to FL to cave dive from UK, loving it ever since.

Cave certified (NSS-CDS) in 1994 with 1400+ cave dives, OW certified 1991.
How many different systems? over 50,just too lazy to list them
Configuration-what ever the dive plan calls for: backmount,sidemount,and infrequently nomount
Stage cert-no
DPV cert- grandfathered in,but I do have a card
Sidemount cert-no

OW Certified June, 2005 and had no desire to see the inside of a cave.

Went to Coz April, 2007 and did a Cenote tour with Danny R. on dive #204.

Did Cavern/Intro with German Yanez, TDI, Oct., 2007 on dive #282.

Did Full Cave with German, TDI, May, 2008 on dive #390 (33 intro dives in Florida and Mexico -- actually didn't start out to do Full Cave, just take some lessons and it evolved into a Full Cave class)

Haven't counted how many different systems.

OW certified in 2005. Started to plan a course to cave diving that October.

Cavern/Intro in 10/2007 with about 400 dives, and GUE Cave 1 in May of 2008 with about 500 dives. Attempted GUE Cave 2 in August of 2009 and didn't pass; did NACD Full Cave in November of 2009 with about 800 dives. I have 105 non-training cave dives, 16 since Full Cave.

Systems I've been in:

Taj Maha
Ponderosa
Carwash
Grand Cenote
Minotauro
Dos Ojos
Chikin Ha
Aktun Koh
Yax Muul
NoHoch
Chan Hol
Jailhouse
Dos Palmas

Ginnie Springs/Devil's
Madison Blue
Upper Orange Grove
Manatee/Catfish
Hole in the Wall
Twin Cave
Jackson Blue

(It was fun to tot those up!)

No specialty certs beyond Full Cave. Stages were included in Cave 2, but of course, I didn't pass it. I dive backmount only (so far).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom