How many cave divers are here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD Cave Diver 5519
TDI Full Cave 410583
Trained with German in Cozumel dove Aerolito, C2, One Click
Recently visited Edd and saw JB, Hole and Twin
In the last 6 months I have been brainwashed by crazy people who dive regularly in a lake that is cold, dark, deep and crappy vis. They said go to Mexico and get your card, so I did. Since then I've been to Florida too.

I have been diving for five years, approx. 300 dives.
Just back from Mexico where I did 16 cave dives in nine days.
I plan on diving Florida caves but will do so first with an instructor,
because the environment is different from the one in Mexico.
I just turned 60 in January and want to continue cave diving
as long as I am able to.

In June of 2006 took OW while vacationing (but logged few dives for the first two years)

In February of 2010 took GUE-F (started with about 300 dives)

In December of 2010 took GUE Cave 1 (started with about 460 dives/30 cavern)

I have enjoyed 39 beautiful C1 cenote dives since then and really look forward to more.

Just for the sake of curiosity how many certified cave divers are here?

What year certified as a cave diver, how long certified as an O/W diver before you completed cave training, by what agency, how many cave dives logged, how many different caves have you been in, and what configuration you primarily dive caves in?

Are you stage cave certified, DPV cave certified, sidemount certified?

I was certified OW in 1986. I did Cavern and Basic Cave with you in 2008. I had 1500 dives or so then. That class was the first time I dove doubles. I completed IANTD Technical Cave Diver in 2010. I have 15 Cave dives logged so far. I have dove 4 different Florida Caves, 5 in Mexico and 2 in Australia. I will be back in Mexico in August and Florida in November. Looks like I will be back down under in the Spring, so I will get a few more in then.

I dive Backmount now. I am looking to set up a class over the Winter to work on Sidemount and Stages.

Matt

OW certified in 2001, did about 2400 OW dives before seeking cave training

Initial cave certification (Apprentice) in August 2009, NSS-CDS

15 post-certification cave dives ... in November 2009

Caves I've been in ...
- Ginnie
- Peacock (P1, P3, OG)
- Little River
- Madison Blue
- Hole in the Wall

Dive back-mount ... 104/130's

No stages, scoots, or sidemounts (for a while)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Update ...

Full Cave certified - May 2010
Sidemount trained - May 2011 (is there a certification? I just wanted the training)
First stage cave dives - May 2011

Added to the list of cave systems I've been in ...

- Jackson Blue
- Twin
- Bozell

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

CDAA Deep Cavern Dec 2009
CDAA Cave Apr 2010
Was OW certified for just over two years before cave class and had 350 dives (15 of those at cavern level).
Have done 66 cave dives over 20 systems (8 in Australia, 5 in Florida, 7 in Mexico)

Dive manifolded backmount. Do staged cave diving and sidemount a handful of times but do not have certifications.

Over 200 Full Cave dives and over 60 systems at this point, mostly FL UW caves, but recently dived some GA UW caves, and a FL sump in dry cave.

What year certified as a cave diver, how long certified as an O/W diver before you completed cave training, by what agency, how many cave dives logged, how many different caves have you been in, and what configuration you primarily dive caves in?

OW 1994
FC 2007
Cave dives since FC ~300
~50 systems
SM primarily
No, no, and no. But I am definitely certifiable :wink:

certified OW 8/2009, I finished AN/deco before even considering being interested in caving. ~150 OW dives before taking cavern last June. I completed full cave this past weekend. 13 cave dives in 6 unconnected systems. 1 dive post full cave. Right now I've only used backmount but I'm very interested in giving sidemount a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom