How long should it take a liveaboard to fix their Nitrox?? (Dancer fleet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are unwilling to cancel because they can not meet their end of the contract, then you may just have to take whatever they offer. Why should they go too far out of there way to meet their obligations if customers do not require them to?

If you are unwilling to cancel because they can not meet their end of the contract, then you may just have to take whatever they offer. Why should they go too far out of there way to meet their obligations if customers do not require them to?

because they (presumably) want their customers to consider booking their next trip with them too.

because they (presumably) want their customers to consider booking their next trip with them too.

Perhaps; but the short sightedness of such operations has been demonstrated repeatedly.

As we say in the southern US; "The squeaky wheel gets a greasin." Let them know just how unhappy you are. If you can get in touch with the other divers, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to group lobby as you mentioned.

Unfortunately recent group lobbies about issues far more wide-ranging and serious (I am thinking of the Carib Dancer and Galapagos Aggressor I threads) do not seem to have gotten good responses from the US office, but these boats are individually owned, perhaps there is hope with the individual owners.

Perhaps; but the short sightedness of such operations has been demonstrated repeatedly.

I agree, and it is likely that it will be demonstrated here, but I applaud the OP for taking action...it's worth a try.

...The advantages of using EAN40 over O2 are that you wouldn't incur the dangers of handling pure O2, you wouldn't require and special permits to transport the O2 bottles (if any), and the diving cylinders wouldn't need to be O2 clean.

I was suggesting it because, assuming they are removing the membrane system for repair, it seems that would free up some floor space for a bank...or maybe not, just an idea.

Exactly why I think this is the easiest 'bail out' option of those that have been suggested so far.

My (blind) guess would be that the system is still onboard, with some broken or worn out parts - or an undiagnosed problem. But I have no detailed information and am sure the boat will not be providing any. Hoping someone on the Indo forum might have heard something more.

Last edited:
There is no way they are taking on EAN40 to blend 32 on board. That would set a precedent the home office will not allow. Look at the bright side you may get a world famous Aggressor/ Dancer fleet voucher:D

info@ombakbiru.com

i have travelled 6 times with aggressor/dancer over the last 6 years including some of their top dollar destinations. I am shocked how they deal with situations such as this. Other reputable operators eg siren would have joined the thread and explained what is going on.

these people simply post their mind numbingly repetitive trip reports.

the em address above is for the local owners of the boat..

I suggest you try contacting them.. I once met their office team and they were really helpful people.

good luck

john

the em address above is for the local owners of the boat..

I suggest you try contacting them.. I once met their office team and they were really helpful people.

Thanks mantajohn. I agree - I have found the Indonesian-side Ombak Biru folks very helpful.

In addition to suggesting the EAN 40 and O2 options, I will also offer to personally help transport any parts of reasonable size/weight they could get to us from either Manado (where I am now) or Canada (where my buddy will depart from shortly). In my experience, taking the added step to suggest realistic solutions or work-arounds can help motivate boats to push harder for a solution. It can't hurt to offer. I will sleep better feeling I have left no stone unturned and I think a good boat will not abuse such offers. At least in this case I had a few days advance warning of this problem - this was not the case with the Carib Dancer trip that led to the trip report, Galapagos Aggressor I or the Nitrox-less Raja liveaboard I dove in March.

I am still open to other suggestions - there are still a few more days.

Can someone do the math of how many EAN40 tanks would be required to provide AL80 (77cu ft) EAN32 for let's say 'just' 12 divers over the course of 5+ days of 4 dive per day diving? Seems like a lot....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom