How long is it since you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, generally it is the communicater's fault when they fail to put forward their point in a way that is understood. But I digress from the topic at hand:

I thumb my nose at regulation designed to protect people from themselves. Regulation to protect people from others is a different story.

Out of the many sports I have tried, scuba diving would have to be one of the safest in terms of my chances of being badly injured. It is not completely removed from danger of course, but few things are.

Please quote me where I said nothing bad would ever happen diving? I am confused why you mentioned that, given I cannot find where I said that in my posts.

I do not use scuba diving forums to form opinions about divers in general. I use my own personal experience with the many divers I know personally so I cannot say I have experienced what you have but things differ between places of course.

This is classic. For some reason (see above) I stopped logging on in september 08. I logged over 50 dives in 07, and only 2 dives in 08. (The wreck of the 2007 chevy colorado and the wreck of the 2007 chevy silverado) It seems like the constant breakdown of differing opinions on this site left a fowl taste in my mouth so i spent my time elsewhere. This weekend, my family and I are going to Maui for the first time in 7 years. My first trip to Maui was the reason I persued my certification. I plan to dive my heart out even though my last years two dives were salvage, solo dives, in an overhead enviorment.(Ice) I was worried about my trip because of my lack of diving in the last year so I read this thread. Based on what I see, I'm just going to go and have fun.

Last Saturday was my last dive. I sorta slipped cause of weather and family issues. I have only done one dive in last 3 months and prior to that I had 53 in less than 6 months. It is fine cause I got drysuit now and I will make up for it...lol.

I think you need refresher if you havent dove in awhile. It is up to the person to know when they think they need it and then get the training.

I dove last weekend with RonFrank. He's a blast to dive with! :D Always hand him your SMB and spool unrigged and bring a video camera. :crafty:

Laugh it up their junior! :D You know, that was the FIRST time I've ever got tangled up! I have to blame that on the lax attitude of my dive Buddy! :cool2: -OR_ maybe I just SCREWED UP! Well, no harm, no foul....

Laugh it up their junior! :D You know, that was the FIRST time I've ever got tangled up! I have to blame that on the lax attitude of my dive Buddy! :cool2: -OR_ maybe I just SCREWED UP! Well, no harm, no foul....

I was laughing. But I ultimately helped you out. I'm pretty sure that we've all been there. :)

I wouldn't sweat the small breaks. Diving, if looked at over a lifetime, tends to be cyclical.

There's going to be years when you live to dive, and are free to chalk up a 100+ dives a year.

There's going to be years when you are so busy with work or the kids that you hardly get a chance to dive at all.

For what it's worth, after a recent one year break from diving (new father) it took 2-3 dives before I felt my weight and trim were squared away.

Cheers,
Rohan.

I am jealous of some of you jumping in the water twice a week. It takes me 1.5 hrs to get to Sydney and I wouldnt dive there anymore too cold and I have done years of diving there. Give me the tropics and clear warm water.

A refresher is a good idea if you have been out of the water for more than a year or two but like many of you here I wouldnt want to make it compulsory. If you havent got the sense to take a nice easy dive to start back into it then good luck!

My last dive was on Jan 13th at Byron Bay in NSW very warm, very clear and lots of life. I just hung around the anchor testing out my new camera. Loved it. If I lived there I would be in the water every weekend.

Last Night !! Cove 2, Good vis, Octo on eggs at Honey Bear. 52 min. dive only saw 1 fish. Wondering if the resident Harbor Seals have cleaned it out ???????

Last OW dive was October 18, 2008, Kending, Taiwan.

Done a couple of pool sessions since.

Four days, 3 hours an 25 minutes since I surfaced. I am really drying out here and will be underwater again Saturday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom