How long is it since you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You saw an octo on eggs at the Honey Bear? We gotta talk ... I've been to the H.B. twice in the past 36 hours and haven't seen any octo. And once they're on eggs, they don't go anywhere. I'm usually pretty good about spotting things like that ... now I gotta know where to look ...

West side/stern under the wedge where they usually can be seen. Looked distressed, got a lot of traffic?? There is also a rather large (for seacrest) male ling cod on eggs. He is located in the hollowed end of one of the west facing angled pilings, right above the octo den. Good Luck!!

Thanks ... I saw the ling cod nest ... somehow missed the octopus.

I'll be back in the water in a couple hours ... gonna be at Redondo this evening and Day Island Wall early tomorrow morning.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

6 weeks from my aowd course and 2 months to go for my next dive :crying2:

Last weekend. Three great dives of Catalina.

Went out Friday and Saturday of last week....hoping to make it out Thursday and Saturdy of this week :D

Is diving like riding a bike or should you lose your OW status or have to do a refresher course after say 2 years?

As an instructor, I advise my students that if they are away after a few months, do a scuba review. We often do them for free if we already have a class in the pool, a DM will run through the 20 skills and answer any equipment questions. When I dive south, you can always tell those that have had a review and those that don't. People who are away too long spend the dive surviving. Those who dive regularly or have a review spend the dive enjoying it.

418 hours, 22 minutes and 12 seconds but who's counting?

Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom