How long can you go without rinsing your camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never deliberately rinsed my camera. (I have done it accidentally a "once or twice", but it tends to be fatal to the camera.)

ROFLMAO.jpg

I do, however rinse my housing, strobes and tray as soon as possible after a dive. If I can't do it right away, then I let it soak, sometimes over night or maybe longer, and then I "work" every button, dial, knob or other control to ensure that they all do what they are supposed to do freely.

I have never deliberately rinsed my camera. (I have done it accidentally a "once or twice", but it tends to be fatal to the camera.)
You my friend need an OM TG-6. Takes care of that problem :rofl3:
:rofl3: :rofl3:

Great tips! heading out with my camera for the first time next week.

It is important (I believe) that when you rinse your camera that you actuate the buttons. Diffusion of salt in water is slow (10^-5 cm2/sec) so actively push buttons and turn wheels to help the salt water get out of the holes where the buttons go through the housing.
Bill

How about ditching the camera and just scuba dive and enjoy it, it not like anyone even remotely cares to see any of those pictures. Just think when was the last time someone asked you to see them? Show your GF the pics and see how much she cares lol.

Back
Top Bottom