how long air can be safe inside the tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you are saying with steel tanks, do a visual inspection every 3 months?

Depends on how much the cylinder is being used. If the tanks are being used a few times daily, say in the military or heavy rental use, then, yes, quarterly inspections are recommended. If the cylinder is in personal use a couple of times a week, then annual inspections are adequate.

Is there a device to check air quality???

Depends on how much the cylinder is being used. If the tanks are being used a few times daily, say in the military or heavy rental use, then, yes, quarterly inspections are recommended. If the cylinder is in personal use a couple of times a week, then annual inspections are adequate.

Quarterly inspections are recommended? I would think mandatory?

I seen pics of heavy used tanks :shocked2:

I have a problem with partially filled cylinders if there is a fire. Heat weakens metals considerably, but if you are near max, the first thing to go will be the burst disc.

On a near empty tank, the pressure would be pretty high just as the metal failed, but not enough to vent out of the burst disc.. Ka blooie!

Back
Top Bottom