• No I would dive solo

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • maybe I would

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Yes I would dive if I had a reliable dive partner

Votes: 38 43.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been forced to dive solo almost all the time, due to a combination of an irregular work schedule and the low number of divers in my area. To borrow a phrase from someone else, "I am a reluctant solo diver." Besides, when the visibility is 12 inches in the reservoir, it's extremely difficult to dive with a buddy anyway.

I would be significantly more likely to call a dive WITH a buddy than without a buddy; unless I thought she would be rewardingly impressed by me rescuing her, :gr1:

Can't vote. I dive solo to 30 feet or a little more, no deeper. I dive the better, deeper shore spots with my reliable buddy. I've been to most of them and they're not really great. The charters I've been on here always meant going with people with the same or more experience as me. So, I already do as much as I can that's practical here at home.

I like diving with my friends. It certainly adds something to share the experiences and sights, and of course have a drink and talk diving afterwards.

Solo diving is also very relaxing, and can only be ruined by me. I just spent the week solo in Bonaire, and on the one dive someone asked to buddy up was still a great dive.

I certainly wouldn't call a dive if a buddy pulled out, but I am as likely to dive alone as with somebody.

On charters, I usually don't "buddy up" unless the operator insists. As long as there are other divers with me, I feel confident that if I get in trouble someone will help. I won't dive alone when I'd be the only one in the water. I don't want to drown if my regulator messes up or I get tangled in fishing line,etc.

I like diving with a good reliable partner. I makes it harder to blow off the dive as someone is counting on you. I enjoy the pre dive banter and post dive reviews. Diving has always been something I enjoyed more when sharing the experience. I also was a lot more selective about who I'd dive with. These days I'm willing to give about anyone one shot, if you make me babysit you or rescue you from your own stupidity then don't expect another dive with me. That said if I get to the water and encounter a no-show buddy, then I'm still diving. Doesn't much matter where or when. If I get a phone call before I get to the water it's 50/50 that I'll cancel also.

Solo diving is not allowed in Florida state parks, and a dive boat will assign you a buddy if you don't have one. My regular buddy is a little less available, so I dive a little less.

I'm lucky to have a very reliable dive buddy. My lovely bride loves to dive almost as much as I do. However, I've been known to dive even if she can't dive with me. I have no issue going solo if no buddy can be found but would much rather have a buddy.

Solo diving is not allowed in Florida state parks, and a dive boat will assign you a buddy if you don't have one.

What Florida State Parks do dive operators drop divers into from dive boats?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom