How is Lanier lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a great dive,depth is about 52-to 55 ft in the ballroom,water temp is 72 degrees year round,vis is unlimited.we floated down from the devils system to Ginnie in the river,vis was 0 and the flow from Ginnie was very stiff going up the run. The ballroom is a good cavern for someone new to them,but it is still a overhead environment,carry a good flashlight,two would be better, and be sure to turn your dive at 2/3s tank pressure.

Thanks Mark
since all I have is open water can I go into the ball room? I'm not sure about the 0 viz in the river.

Carl

Well, looks like my dive is out.

If my daughter hasn't gone into labor by Saturday, they're inducing labor Sunday.

Crap.

the K

Thanks Mark
since all I have is open water can I go into the ball room? I'm not sure about the 0 viz in the river.

Carl

Yes you can go in there,forget the river until vis improves. The last time I floated the river,there was 20-30 ft vis and a nice dive with many fish and turtles along the way. Dive lights are prohibited in the devils area unless you are cavern certified, to keep open water divers from getting into trouble in the caves.

So does anyone want to dive Sunday at WBP? I'm game. I would like to get at WBP by 10:30am.

Jeremy

Thanks Mark
We have it on the agenda. We are also going to swim with the manatees. I guess you can do some diving there also? We are going down April 5th.:crafty:

Carl

We could not use scuba while with the manatees,but we dove close to there in kings springs,they called it a cavern but when I can no longer see daylight, I call it a cave. Too crowded and dark for me,this was on Crystal river. They did have guides babysitting us but I am not used to babysitting or trust me dives.

If your in the area. Check out Rainbow River, great shallow drift dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom