How is Lanier lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of vis are y'all getting at Lanier? Lately at Clark Hill (Augusta) it has been mud:depressed: I think the water actually cleared up a bit when I swam into my buddy's silt trail:shakehead: I'm doing an anti-rain dance.... We've had way too much rain for decent vis. Still a fair amount of fish, but we don't see them until we run into them.

Way to go Mark congrats to you . I havn't been in Lanier since Oct, or Nov.I've been diving Lake Jocassee off Bill's heated boat (Off The Wall)water temps were 48 to 50 degrees
i will be in Key Largo in 2 weeks to get my AOW cert. And getting my NITROX Cert, this week I will have to get to Lanier and dive with you guys this summer.

I am thinking of getting together a camping/dive trip at Jocasse sometime in April. Drag the pontoon boat up there and go explore the lake and maybe catch a fish or two. Would anyone else be interested in going? We are behind on the looneybird get togethers. I might be interested next weekend if the weather is decent.

Maybe! Let's see what the weather does!

I am thinking of getting together a camping/dive trip at Jocasse sometime in April. Drag the pontoon boat up there and go explore the lake and maybe catch a fish or two. Would anyone else be interested in going? We are behind on the looneybird get togethers. I might be interested next weekend if the weather is decent.

:thumb: Count me in.

God, do I need to get wet !!!

The new job has had me going since October, but, hey, I ain't complaining !!!!

Things are starting to settle down so maybe I'll start getting my weekends off like I'm supposed to (new plant start up - if any of you have ever done one you'll understand).

the K

Kraken, we do need to get wet. Just let me know when you get a weekend free to dive and I will be there. Salt water or fresh!

Jeremy

So does anyone want to try for this Sunday at Lanier? I've got previous things lined up for the next 2 weeks after.

Jeremy

Hey, I'd like to try to give it a go.
Meet me at the house and we'll go up together.

the K

PM me Kraken.

And I got a report from Divers Supply that Lanier is boasting 38*F! That's crazy cold! Maybe I should hit up the springs again?

Jeremy

Last edited:
Mark
How was Ginnie springs dive? We are thinking about going down for spring break. It looks small and I have never been to a spring so I have no idea what it will be like.

Think Spring :D
Carl

Back
Top Bottom