Question How does Cozumel compare to other dive destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned, it cannot compare to any Diving in Pacific, period.
It is one of the better dive destinations in Caribbean. Bonaire and Curaçao are better than Cozumel IMHO.
We found Roatan, Belize, Dominica .... to be a disappointment compared to Cozumel.
Cozumel is easy to get to, has great restaurants and good diving. In cooler months (Late Nov to early spring) Eagle rays are common.
Some small reef sharks and black tips are sometimes seen. Nurse sharks are common.
Not as much fish as Bonaire.

Interesting. I've done a week in both Coz and Bonaire in the last year and thought Coz had a lot more macro. Bonaire was wonderful but I'd still say Coz was more interesting all around. Part of that could be because the drift diving adds a bit more excitement. Bonaire was literally like an aquarium and didn't present any challenges. Guess it depends what you are looking for and how lucky you get.

I know I'll be going to Coz many more times but not sure I want to deal with the expense and travel hassles to get back to Bonaire, despite loving it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom