How do you stow your liftbag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a better way to stow my lift bag.

Here is how I've been doing it. (It's a Halcyon 60 or 80 pound lift...I don't remember which.)

Kudos to my youngest for his assistance...

Rear D-ring is a bad place to keep the spool - if it should accidently unwind (which they are prone to doing), you've got a CF back there.

Stephen Ash:
I'm looking for a better way to stow my lift bag.

Here is how I've been doing it. (It's a Halcyon 60 or 80 pound lift...I don't remember which.)

Kudos to my youngest for his assistance...

Have you tried a bellows pocket on the side of the right leg. I leave a small real attached to the bag. ( makes deployment smooth). hope this helps.

P.S no hard feelings.

I keep mine in the same Halcyon pocket on my backplate, but keep my spool in my bellows pocket for the very reason of unwinding. I used to keep it on the bag itself. but while fumbling to get it out of the B/P pocket I dropped the double ender snap hook.

Lift bag and reel in right drysuit pocket ... reel already attached to bag for ease of deployment.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here is another way of folding it accordian style to store in the BP. Mine is currently stored in the BP as i have no bellow pockets on my current wetsuit and have not ordered my drysuit as of yet. My Oxycheq X pocket should arrive sometime this week so I'll have to see how that works out.

http://www.northeastdir.com/liftbagstow.htm

Since I use a DSMB and spool rather than the bulkier liftbag, and have not the funds for a cannister light. I carry both the DSMB and spool in a small bellows pocket on the R/H side of the waist strap, against the plate.
Out of the way, and easy to deploy when needed.

I've never used the mc pack. I like to see the wing nuts holding the plate to the tank.

I have the bag rolled up and bungies to the bottom of the plate with the clip snapped to my left hip d-ring. I keep my spool in my thight pocket.

To deploy the bag I just unclip it, pull and give it a shake to open it up.

If carrying one, Dive-Rite sleeve on port side of BP or Transpac. If carrying two, a Dive-Rite sleeve on each side. (Yellow left, Orange right)
Rick

MikeFerrara:
I've never used the mc pack. I like to see the wing nuts holding the plate to the tank.

I have the bag rolled up and bungies to the bottom of the plate with the clip snapped to my left hip d-ring. I keep my spool in my thight pocket.

To deploy the bag I just unclip it, pull and give it a shake to open it up.

Same here but use that bottom mounted bag as the backup.

I use a 5' sausage as a primary, clipped & bungied to the side of the plate if diving wet. Primaries to pockets if dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom