How do you stow your liftbag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge:
My apologies for reviving an old thread but can anyone who bungees it to the bottom of the plate upload a photo?

Thank you very much.

Hey at least I searched
I took a couple of pictures of the way I do it. I'm not sure why Jai has a problem but the way I have it, the SMB fits tightly at the bottom of the plate and is sandwiched between me and the wing. My DIR-F instructor said it was a good solution as long as I could easily reach it.

Plate with SMB attached

Plate with no SMB, showing bungees

I had used the SS clip elsewhere and grabbed a brass clip to replace it with last weekend and forgot to swap them back before taking the pics.

Halthron:
I took a couple of pictures of the way I do it. I'm not sure why Jai has a problem but the way I have it, the SMB fits tightly at the bottom of the plate and is sandwiched between me and the wing. My DIR-F instructor said it was a good solution as long as I could easily reach it.

I had used the SS clip elsewhere and grabbed a brass clip to replace it with last weekend and forgot to swap them back before taking the pics.

Do you keep the spool on the butt D-ring when you're diving?

Vie:
Do you keep the spool on the butt D-ring when you're diving?
Yes.

The ring is high enough that the spool stays above the bottom of the tank and is wound tight enough that it will only come unravelled if the clip opens, which is very unlikely given it's position between the tank and me.

Halthron:
Yes.

The ring is high enough that the spool stays above the bottom of the tank and is wound tight enough that it will only come unravelled if the clip opens, which is very unlikely given it's position between the tank and me.

Do you have pockets but prefer to keep your spool on the butt D-dring? Or do you not use pockets?

No pockets at the moment. Once I transition to colder water next year I'll probably reconsider the location and try it with pockets. But for now, I find it a convenient location, even if I were using pockets.

Eric,
For some reason I also do not know. The second time I lost an SMB the darn thing was really held tight with the bungee. It probably didn't snag it may have gotten lose during the entry upon impact (the second one I lost in dumaguete when I did a giant stride in one of those bigger safari bangka's). after that I just decided to get a small pocket which worked quite well as it secured the 7 ft hose quite well vs tucking it on the waist strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom