How do you shop for a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

User changeable seals with good dryglove options for me.

I went DUI because of my build it is the best user changeable neck seal for me. I got SI tech wrist seals for better dryglove choices. YMMV.

I was lucky enough to try a neoprene one back in the days when DUI did dog days I didn't like it, I prefer trilam again YMMV.

Hey Mike, it depends on where their "standard position resides". Too far onto the tricep makes it difficult to reach, too far onto the bicep makes it difficult to purge while in trim. Cheers in 2021!
Hey az, thanks for that. Here's a couple of pics that show the position, what do you think?
Happy New Year!
DE1FC216-8F33-4855-ABD0-8F9283CA307F.jpeg
3EC75ECF-AB4E-45B4-8AF6-5A553B66D9C4.jpeg

P.S. I want to use the drysuit for warmth and the BC for buoyancy if that makes any difference.

Hey az, thanks for that. Here's a couple of pics that show the position, what do you think?
Happy New Year!View attachment 633632View attachment 633633
P.S. I want to use the drysuit for warmth and the BC for buoyancy if that makes any difference.
It looks good to me Mike, not too far on the tricep or bicep. You'll know when you are ascending if the valve dumps well in the horizontal. Best to you in 2021.

You'll know when you are ascending if the valve dumps well in the horizontal.
Thanks mate but it's too late after the suits made, they haven't started it yet so I need to make the decision fast.
As you said, it does look like it's in the right position so I think I'll take the punt. It's odd that I was asked if I wanted it moved back if it's already in the right position though.

I'm looking at Santi suits right now. The shop had some hanging, and they're kind of Cadillacs. All kinds of nice stuff on them. They're also almost a thousand dollars cheaper if I buy one in Ireland and claim the VAT back.

Not sure what I'm gonna do.

Thanks mate but it's too late after the suits made, they haven't started it yet so I need to make the decision fast.
As you said, it does look like it's in the right position so I think I'll take the punt. It's odd that I was asked if I wanted it moved back if it's already in the right position though.
In that case I'd move it an inch or so towards the tricep. Did you see the picture I attached in a previous post? I attached again here. With the valve in the placement in my picture I really struggle to reach the valve. I dive with the dump always open, so I don't need to adjust often, its part of my safety checks to make sure it's wide open before I get in the water. Hope tht helps.

Attachments

• dump_vlv_plug.png
    dump_vlv_plug.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 55
Hope tht helps.
It does, thanks mate.

I've actually talked to the dealer since my last post, he's never sold a suit with the "DIR" position so I've decided to leave it where it is. It does look like it's in a better spot than the one's some people have the problems with, probably half way between the plug and the new position on yours.

Thanks again :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom